27s or 28s w/ factory wheels?

P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of discussion on here about options to go 27s or 28s with combos for factory wheels. I considered 28x10x14 all around, leave factory wheels and run spacers. I’m leaning towards leaving factory widths to avoid spacers. I love Hondas because I want to ride and not wrench. Avoiding any change seems like the easy button. The Bighorn 2.0 seem to be ubiquitous on UTvs, so considering replacing with those because I found a set of new 28x9x14 and 28x11x14 Bighorn 2.0 6-ply for $400. Anyone know if I can run this tire without mods and not rub? Thanks.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lots of things here.
Just a fair warning and I dont mean Van Halen but…🤟🏻
The questions you ask about….👇🏻
Anyone know if I can run this tire without mods and not rub?
Will get you some smart alic response's cuz that topic has been beat to death like a serial killer on a victim! Unsolicited advice here would be (don't take offense like some) is to type it in the search and read all about it like when the Titanic sunk🤣🥳

Lets see….🤔 also ☝🏻there!
Yes 28’s is the biggest you want for everything stock.
considered 28x10x14 all around, leave factory wheels and run spacers
You cant do that! Well you can but will look funny cuz the rear “wheels” are wider than the fronts and the same size tires will make it look like a Poo Poo riding the short bus.
If u go same size all the way around need and suggested to have the same size wheel. Then you will need Spacers to fix the trac. See our vender friends @RB3offroad for those when your ready to step into the big boy shoes lol.
Note: If u do the stock wheels with the stock tire width for front and rear but a taller tire, no spacers needed. Its a preference at that point.
I love Hondas because I want to ride and not wrench
BLAHAHAHAHA you are mistaken my friend! You joined here! We will have u wrenching on mods every weekend of your life. If you dont believe us, use the search and find out it never ends😉
Dont forget pics of whatever set up you do from this. Inquiring minds will want to know.

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. 28”X 11”X 14” rear and 28”X 9”X 14” BH 2’s is what I run on 5+2 wheels. Absolutely no rubbing or scrubbing ever. #NTC
IMG 0343

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@PioneeringMO You put this in the Talon section, are you asking about your Pioneer or did you get a Talon?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@PioneeringMO You put this in the Talon section, are you asking about your Pioneer or did you get a Talon?
Good point and good Harry eyballs there @CID
I wonder if he ever found out if that Clutch update was done? If not, Id do that before larger tires or he will be doing those clutches quick. Didnt take long for us 16’-17’ guys to smoke the originals that way before the update

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods and CID
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was about to tell him what could be done with a Talon but then your post didn't make any sense, woke me up to look at his avatar info - a 1000-5. :cool:
When does my posts make any since🤪
Nobody like them anymore! They get all butt hurt too Easley! 🤣
Like Trump would say….
Go to Mommy…Go to Mommy…

Last edited:
P

PioneeringMO

Jun 8, 2024
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of things here.
Just a fair warning and I dont mean Van Halen but…🤟🏻
The questions you ask about….👇🏻

Will get you some smart alic response's cuz that topic has been beat to death like a serial killer on a victim! Unsolicited advice here would be (don't take offense like some) is to type it in the search and read all about it like when the Titanic sunk🤣🥳

Lets see….🤔 also ☝🏻there!
Yes 28’s is the biggest you want for everything stock.

You cant do that! Well you can but will look funny cuz the rear “wheels” are wider than the fronts and the same size tires will make it look like a Poo Poo riding the short bus.
If u go same size all the way around need and suggested to have the same size wheel. Then you will need Spacers to fix the trac. See our vender friends @RB3offroad for those when your ready to step into the big boy shoes lol.
Note: If u do the stock wheels with the stock tire width for front and rear but a taller tire, no spacers needed. Its a preference at that point.

BLAHAHAHAHA you are mistaken my friend! You joined here! We will have u wrenching on mods every weekend of your life. If you dont believe us, use the search and find out it never ends😉
Dont forget pics of whatever set up you do from this. Inquiring minds will want to know.
Haha. Yeah, I read several threads and expected some razzing with this question. All good. I’ve pretty much decided on stock wheels and stock widths. Just trying to figure out if there’s any issue with 28, specifically w/ Bighorn 2.0 mainly because there are lots of posts sayin 28” is max… but many tires are not true to listed size.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Haha. Yeah, I read several threads and expected some razzing with this question. All good. I’ve pretty much decided on stock wheels and stock widths. Just trying to figure out if there’s any issue with 28, specifically w/ Bighorn 2.0 mainly because there are lots of posts sayin 28” is max… but many tires are not true to listed size.
Yeah those will be fine if you stick with the stock widths for those wheels

advertisement