Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi SxS clubbers. Along with searching skid plate companies and radio ideas, I also have a curiosity to explore 4 same size wheels on my P15. I don’t like the narrowness of 4 that I see on so many sxs’s and do not want to go taller and mess with my gears.

I am considering 4 AMS M1 Evil 27x11x14 tires on 7” wheels properly spaced. Does this sound ridiculous???

Thanks!:)

Reactions: Isaiah
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hi SxS clubbers. Along with searching skid plate companies and radio ideas, I also have a curiosity to explore 4 same size wheels on my P15. I don’t like the narrowness of 4 that I see on so many sxs’s and do not want to go taller and mess with my gears.

I am considering 4 AMS M1 Evil 27x11x14 tires on 7” wheels properly spaced. Does this sound ridiculous???

Getting some accessories on her finally ol friend?;)
Watch that bug it can bit hard!

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting some accessories on her finally ol friend?;)
Watch that bug it can bit hard!

Hey CP! The boys have own 4 Wheelers now. Spent June and July fixing a KFX 450R. After banging around is some rocks at the Iron Range it’s time to skid plate this the P15 and get 8plys. But there is a caveat..... It has to look cool and balanced or I won’t like driving it Lol! Tried talking the wife into a yellow one this Spring but that idea never launched. :(:)

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
That wheel and tire size would look nice, most run a 1” spacer on the rear to even out the width. Running the same size tires seems to be pretty common now of days and some SxS even come that way form the factory.

Reactions: Isaiah and Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not sure what happened to that other members post but in response to he mentioning Handling/ Turning being affected with wide front tires, I could simply put the narrower ones on front and save others for spares and I think it would still look good.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I’m not sure what happened to that other members post but in response to he mentioning Handling/ Turning being affected with wide front tires, I could simply put the narrower ones on front and save others for spares and I think it would still look good.

Got no response and thought you didn't care to hear from a P5 owner so deleted it. Yes, the narrower ones on the front will help you turn better. Don't look as cool as the wide ones but still look good.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey CP! The boys have own 4 Wheelers now. Spent June and July fixing a KFX 450R. After banging around is some rocks at the Iron Range it’s time to skid plate this the P15 and get 8plys. But there is a caveat..... It has to look cool and balanced or I won’t like driving it Lol! Tried talking the wife into a yellow one this Spring but that idea never launched. :(:)
You could switch to yellow plastics and it would feel new again. I do like the yellow. Glad to hear you guys out riding and having fun. You got your hands full, cool you’re doing that.

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got no response and thought you didn't care to hear from a P5 owner so deleted it. Yes, the narrower ones on the front will help you turn better. Don't look as cool as the wide ones but still look good.

Thanks for reposting. I really did appreciate it. :)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I would not recommend 11" wide tires on the front, your steering rack will thank you for it.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Jackal. Is 10” wide tire about max width before potential trouble with steering rack? I don’t know maybe a 10x27 would not look too slim. I just don’t care for the willies Jeep look for my pioneer.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi Jackal. Is 10” wide tire about max width before potential trouble with steering rack? I don’t know maybe a 10x27 would not look too slim. I just don’t care for the willies Jeep look for my pioneer.

Several people have ran 27-30 x 10 x 14 tires all the way around. Those that ride a lot in rough terrain have found the steering rack and ball joints do incur additional wear and tear from just getting loose to needing rebuilt. It all depends on how rough, speed, and duration / distance.

The 5/30 riders who put more miles on thier cooler lids will attest there is no negative effects of running those big tires.

From my experience in rocky rough trails in Eastern TN the 10" wide tire will do fine as long as you don't hammer the machine down the trails too hard, tie rods bending will be the first usual casualty ( went through about 6 in 5,000 miles).

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Is that what you are talking about. ;)

0716171318 0716171319

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
IMG 20181203 164933

These are 28-10-14 on 5-2 offset wheels. The white machine has 4-3 offset with same size tires. I really like the AMS Evil 1 tires. Will purchase again on my next rig. Bent a few more tie rods with the wider offset wheels, but no other issues.

Last edited:
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tigermark. That’s a awesome looking pioneer!
Can I bombard you with some questions?
In Minnesota we can go out to 65” outside tire rim to outside tire rim.

How wide are you 5+2 vs 4+3?

Who makes your a-arm guards?

Did 28” tires mess with low end gearing/power?

I will keep the idea of bent tie rods in mind.

:)

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Tigermark. That’s a awesome looking pioneer!
Can I bombard you with some questions?
In Minnesota we can go out to 65” outside tire rim to outside tire rim.

How wide are you 5+2 vs 4+3?

Who makes your a-arm guards?

Did 28” tires mess with low end gearing/power?

I will keep the idea of bent tie rods in mind.

:)
S &S fabrication in Kentucky makes the A arm guards. You’ll typically have no power loss issues running 28s unless the tire choice is something crazy heavy. Go with the 5-2 offset on your wheels. This will keep you well inside your width restrictions.

Also you typically won’t need any type of lift or aftermarket A arms up to 28in tires.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!