P1000 29” BFG quick review

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Jardín, Antioquia - Colombia, South America!
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you running that size on the stock le wheels and no spacers or lift?
I have no lift, using @RB3offroad spacers with stock LE Wheels and stock arms.
visually you can see how the front rims have more meat of tire but no issues. The tires are great and I only get some rubbing on the front left on hard compression and while the wheel is turned to the left.

I don't ride hard and when carrying heavy loads I'm going uphill, so its very rare for me to rub that front left. From what @P1K5Dave just said, it may actually be better to not have the spacers up front.

I'm also going to crank down the pressure on the front springs to see if it gives me just that little extra lift I need.

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@bridgermgmt
realized something today that is worth mentioning. I have the Honda fender extender on my left/driver side.
The right one was blown off when I got to close a friends truck.

So my front 28" BF Goodrich KM3 tires only rub on the driver side front cause of the fender extender.
Going to be pulling that one off this week.

Reactions: Lady01
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today I ordered a set of System 3 ST-3 in bronze with 28" KM3's. I too hate the pavement manners of the Bighorns. These seem to be a great compromise considering we've been putting more miles on lately on blacktop than anything else. I think the bronze will look good with my blue. I also ordered 1" spacers for the rears.

Reactions: Lady01 and toddvdh
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my new shoes on, 28" KM3's. I haven't gotten off road with them but boy do they ride good on the road. I'm still not use to the look of having a skinnier rear tire but I do like the beefier front tire.

321D3244 C699 4F76 9691 8A3BB98EFB3B 39704A97 672F 484F 91F1 94EA26E2B7C1

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Formula1 in your photo it looks like you might have the Honda fender extenders and if so, you going to get little rub.
Mine are now long gone.

Either way, +1 on being very happy with these tires.
My roads are def hard core "off-road" but they are not extreme trails, so these are perfect.
I've been riding at 10-11 PSI and so far all is great.

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Formula1 in your photo it looks like you might have the Honda fender extenders and if so, you going to get little rub.
Mine are now long gone.

Either way, +1 on being very happy with these tires.
My roads are def hard core "off-road" but they are not extreme trails, so these are perfect.
I've been riding at 10-11 PSI and so far all is great.
No I don't have extenders although I thought about the mud busters.

Reactions: Lady01 and ch33br0h
Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So now that a few of you have been running the KM3's for awhile how do you like them. There on my short list, will be run in Southern Arizona . The only mud and snow it will see is during elk season. ( provided a person can draw a tag)

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
So now that a few of you have been running the KM3's for awhile how do you like them. There on my short list, will be run in Southern Arizona . The only mud and snow it will see is during elk season. ( provided a person can draw a tag)
i got 7K miles out of the set on my talon, could have gotten more but changed them for a long overland trip. needless to say i have another set on it. i'll be getting a set for my pioneer when it's in need of tires.

N

nfrees114

Jan 30, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey All,

So I just got a set of the KM3's in a 30 x 10 x 14. I was hoping to mount these on stock rims. I have the SATV +1.5" a-arms so hoping clearance is good. My question though, you guys that have the 28's mounted on stock rims fine and bead seated good? I took my tires and rims into my tire guy today and he said the tire has a much large side wall bead than the rim has so he said the tire wouldn't stay on the bead when the air was deflated. He said they held air once pumped up but said when the air was let out the tire came off the bead.

I haven't seen for myself, going to run in tomorrow and check it out but wanted to see what everyone else thought before choosing to buy new rims if stock would work.

If the 28's are fine but my 30's aren't I'm wondering that at a certain size if the tire wall/bead area get drastically larger for some reason...

Thanks!
-Nate

ch33br0h

ch33br0h

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mounted on stock rims fine and bead seated good? I took my tires and rims into my tire guy today and he said the tire has a much large side wall bead than the rim has so he said the tire wouldn't stay on the bead when the air was deflated.

just to share one mans experience and not necessarily the same for all-
Getting the 28 tires on the stock LE rims was a big job for the tire guy here in town.
I've seen these guys do tire changes in minutes, but these they did spend almost an hour as they could not get the tire seated.
They did a few tricks with blasting huge volume of air in to the tire and then it finally Popped in to place and repeated for the rest.

I def left worried with what would happen if I got a flat and suddenly that piece of tire meat would just fly off the rim...
but nope. once its on, its on.

Had one flat already and the darn tire sidewall is so strong that with 0 PSI it still seemed almost normal.

EDIT:
just to clear up, I said the tire had 0 PSI but wanted to say it had "nearly 0 PSI"
It seemed a little low and the pressure gauge did not read 0 but it was def much less than 5

Last edited:
Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20220227 115641
Got my 28" km3s with Tusk Cascade rims on yesterday day. Haven't had time to take it out other than a few dirt roads and pavement. What different the fox shocks and tires made. Spare is mounted on a stock front deluxe rim. Still figureing out what air psi to run. Have 13 psi in front and 14 psi in the rears.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 321618 Got my 28" km3s with Tusk Cascade rims on yesterday day. Haven't had time to take it out other than a few dirt roads and pavement. What different the fox shocks and tires made. Spare is mounted on a stock front deluxe rim. Still figureing out what air psi to run. Have 13 psi in front and 14 psi in the rears.
I run 10 PSI in the rocks.

Reactions: Lady01 and Soaz1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!