P1000 29in terrabites 9” vs 11”

A

Adknaa114

Jun 16, 2022
New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yet another tire question for the page. I have searched and read countless pages and can’t seem to find an answer. I’m putting new rims and tires on my pioneer and I want to run the same size all around as most people are doing. I notice most are running a 10 wide front and rear however the 29” terrabites come in either 9 or 11. Would 9in tires in the rear be to narrow? Now with kids most of my riding is on roads. But I do not want to severely impact my trail riding capabilities.

5915F890 BF8F 49B8 AF20 D6EADE6C8E54

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Would 9in tires in the rear be to narrow? Now with kids most of my riding is on roads.
All preference. But If I was you and your riding roads alot, consider LT tires (Light truck) either AT or MT’s you will ware better and will preform fine off road depending on what your doing. I have had LT/MT’s on my rig 4 yrs now and do more off road than on. They have preformed well and the ware is for more superior than the 2 sets of UTV tires I had prior.

A

Adknaa114

Jun 16, 2022
New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All preference. But If I was you and your riding roads alot, consider LT tires (Light truck) either AT or MT’s you will ware better and will preform fine off road depending on what your doing. I have had LT/MT’s on my rig 4 yrs now and do more off road than on. They have preformed well and the ware is for more superior than the 2 sets of UTV tires I had prior.
I have considered that and have been researching it. But with so many different size combinations I didn’t really know which size to go with.

A

Adknaa114

Jun 16, 2022
New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then you should go with 28x10's

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
👍you guys would know best. I appreciate the input. Do you recommend the 28s because the 29” are to tall? Or because the 9s are to narrow for the rear?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
👍you guys would know best. I appreciate the input. Do you recommend the 28s because the 29” are to tall? Or because the 9s are to narrow for the rear?
Cuz the 29’s are too tall.
thats why u will need forward arms

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!