P1000 DOT vs. NHS tires

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking for a reasonably priced SxS tire rated for highway use. The problem I am running into is understanding the rating standards the tires company use. I assumed that all DOT rated tires were suitable for highway use but my local tire store showed me tires that had a DOT rating but also stated that they were not suitable for highway use. I remember that one set of BF Goodrich tires said this, among others. If anyone could clarify this for me I would appreciate it.

If anyone has a recommendation for a satisfactory highway rated tire, I would appreciate it. I am hoping to find tires that might be cheaper than Tusk Terrabites or Kanati Mongrels.

Thanks, Randy

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
am looking for a reasonably priced SxS tire rated for highway use.
Say what? Highway use?
What highway are u planing on driving on? Im assuming u mean just road use?

Anyway, if your driving “the road”
Just buy std DOT LT tires and your good. Plenty of threads on this in the search above that ive talked at length as many others about this and types. Basically pic your poison on brand.

Whatever u buy/decide what to do, make sure u come back here and tell us and for God sakes man post pics!

R

RLovgren

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2019
Albemarle NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking for a reasonably priced SxS tire rated for highway use. The problem I am running into is understanding the rating standards the tires company use. I assumed that all DOT rated tires were suitable for highway use but my local tire store showed me tires that had a DOT rating but also stated that they were not suitable for highway use. I remember that one set of BF Goodrich tires said this, among others. If anyone could clarify this for me I would appreciate it.

If anyone has a recommendation for a satisfactory highway rated tire, I would appreciate it. I am hoping to find tires that might be cheaper than Tusk Terrabites or Kanati Mongrels.

Thanks, Randy
Say what? Highway use?
What highway are u planing on driving on? Im assuming u mean just road use?

Anyway, if your driving “the road”
Just buy std DOT LT tires and your good. Plenty of threads on this in the search above that ive talked at length as many others about this and types. Basically pic your poison on brand.

Whatever u buy/decide what to do, make sure u come back here and tell us and for God sakes man post pics!
"highway use" was a poor choice of words. I will take your advice and research the appropriate threads and I will follow up with some pics - Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
"highway use" was a poor choice of words. I will take your advice and research the appropriate threads and I will follow up with some pics - Thanks
No worries man. I thought that was a mistake lol. Yes, LT tires are your best bet IMO

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently made the switch to LT tires for at home use.

If you need wheels, highlifter is still on sale for the falcon ridge brand.

Post #151 is what I did.
P1000m5 - The Robo Build

I have the 15x7 Falcon Ridge Raptor 4/137 5+2 with the Achilles Desert Hawk MT 30x9.50r15.

I use 1.5" spacers on the front, the 2" spacers on the rear. I have the C-Fab control arms with lift.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!