P700 3 broken axles and leveling suspension

AKChef

AKChef

Oct 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
If someone could point me in the right direction or thread if it has been answered I would appreciate it. I have 2014 P700-4 with a 3" lift and 29.5" tires. I have broken three axles now and replaced them but the problem I have is that there is too much stress on the axle because it is not level. What can I do to maintain the lift and tire size but level the axles out so that when I turn sharp they do not stress and break at the knuckle. Will high clearance a-arms help? Forward a-arms? I can do any mod needed but being that this is my first SXS I just need a little help picking the right part.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If someone could point me in the right direction or thread if it has been answered I would appreciate it. I have 2014 P700-4 with a 3" lift and 29.5" tires. I have broken three axles now and replaced them but the problem I have is that there is too much stress on the axle because it is not level. What can I do to maintain the lift and tire size but level the axles out so that when I turn sharp they do not stress and break at the knuckle. Will high clearance a-arms help? Forward a-arms? I can do any mod needed but being that this is my first SXS I just need a little help picking the right part.
It’s pretty early but I’d think high clearance arms should help the shaft angle geometry a little, just not sure how much.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
There aren’t any forward a arms available for 700 the lower arms will only give you ground clearance they may help some with axel angle didn’t notice much on mine main thing you can do is Take some lift off if you can do you still have factory shocks also bigger axels are made to handle the bind a little more than stock

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Are the tires bound up in mud when you go full left or right and break a knuckle? What tire are you running i wonder if it's aggressive tread biting while turning causing stress breaking a knuckle.

Reactions: swsebek and Farmer
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
High clearance arms will not help and forward offset arms will make it easier to brake a front axle. Best bet is to try some SATV Rhino or other aftermarket axles that will operate at a higher angle.

Reactions: Mudwing
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lift is lift. Do it with a-arms or a lift kit and the results are an increased angle on the shaft.
The only way you are going to change that is portals, and that will cost you about $3000.

I want to point out that mine is lifted about 5 inches and I haven't broken an axle.
If you are not abusing it, you might have another issue going on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!