P1000 30inch tires

W

Watson2015

May 20, 2021
Gillespie IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all I’m new here. I just recently bought a set of 30inch mud terrain tires and 14inch rim. I have a totally stock suspension and they are rubbing the plastic that is also the floor board. In just the front. What can I do to fix this minus lifting it? Thanks!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everything that was mentioned above, if they run closer to actually being 30” you’ll probably want a lift though.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the Strechen Gretchen state, Michigan!

everything mentioned above but except a lit, better shocks and add preload and some spacers. That what i did for my 30’s. Now dont get all Butt hurt when I ask this.... did u even search this question? Theres 500 theeads on this topic! Lol

Its your first post! And u know what that means? DaDaDaDaDaaaaa!!!🥳

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the Strechen Gretchen state, Michigan!

everything mentioned above but except a lit, better shocks and add preload and some spacers. That what i did for my 30’s. Now dont get all Butt hurt when I ask this.... did u even search this question? Theres 500 theeads on this topic! Lol

First of all. Stretchen Gretchen got a good chuckle from me! In the OP's defense (and mine!) I did a lot of searching and a lot of thread reading but it's really hard to sort the chicken s*** from the chicken salad sometimes. All of our buggies are slightly different and we all use them in different ways.

Welcome from a Tennessee Ex-Cal here OP. The search function will yield a lot of info but will also leave you with as many new questions. Let's seee some pics of your ride and be sure to post on your progress.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First of all. Stretchen Gretchen got a good chuckle from me! In the OP's defense (and mine!) I did a lot of searching and a lot of thread reading but it's really hard to sort the chicken s*** from the chicken salad sometimes. All of our buggies are slightly different and we all use them in different ways.

Welcome from a Tennessee Ex-Cal here OP. The search function will yield a lot of info but will also leave you with as many new questions. Let's seee some pics of your ride and be sure to post on your progress.
Ok chicken s*** as you said lol.
all the pics you want and progress from and since 16’ you can find that in your search as well ;)

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ACfixer I have to apologize. I think i misinterpreted your post you tagged me in. I didnt mean to be so gruff to you.

It's all good! And I didn't feel you were being gruff about it at all and I enjoyed reading some of your build thread. I just meant to say it's difficult to sort through the many threads and separate the wheat from the chaff, we'll leave the chickens out of it. :D It certainly wasn't directed towards your build thread or anyone else's. Sometimes, most times, it's not as simple as just searching threads because there are so many variables.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all I’m new here. I just recently bought a set of 30inch mud terrain tires and 14inch rim. I have a totally stock suspension and they are rubbing the plastic that is also the floor board. In just the front. What can I do to fix this minus lifting it? Thanks!
As several others have mentioned, you’ll need forward offset a arms in the front. Additionally, welcome to the forum from southern Arizona.

D

Dave Fleming

May 28, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
218C81FB D3F9 4108 8928 AE6111FA1BED

I’m running 30x9.50x15 Falken MT truck tires on MSA Diesel wheels with +10mm offset and no lift without any issues of rubbing.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 274590
I’m running 30x9.50x15 Falken MT truck tires on MSA Diesel wheels with +10mm offset and no lift without any issues of rubbing.
Take a close up pic of the area inside the red circle and post it for a better visual. Going by this picture, I would bet you a $100 against a dounut that it will rub at full turn and full suspension compression.
Attachments 170

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!