4 to choose from - Pioneer 1000 Lineup!

LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and talk to local dealer today and he said looking like it will be around December before they will be likely to get one. He also said if it was like the first year of the 700-4, they only got 4 the first year. While I was there, a customer was picking up a new 700-4 in the new dark silver. It was on order for 3 months before it came in.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Went and talk to local dealer today and he said looking like it will be around December before they will be likely to get one. He also said if it was like the first year of the 700-4, they only got 4 the first year. While I was there, a customer was picking up a new 700-4 in the new dark silver. It was on order for 3 months before it came in.

I am sure the demand and initial limited availability will be the torment for many of us who want to see and ride one let alone be able to walk in and buy one of your color option preference. I am willing to wait patiently but doesn't mean I don't want it yesterday.

W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Anyone look at the Polaris forum...it shows a pic from a dealership showing 2016 engine changes on a chart...I think there are 4 new engines....for different models. Two models are 100 HP...then a 110 HP then the turbo 1000 @ 140 HP. (sigh)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone look at the Polaris forum...it shows a pic from a dealership showing 2016 engine changes on a chart...I think there are 4 new engines....for different models. Two models are 100 HP...then a 110 HP then the turbo 1000 @ 140 HP. (sigh)

Just how fast does 140 HP go while in the shop getting misc. repairs made, belts, bushing, bearings, voltage regulators, carrier bearings, bent shocks, well I'll stop there don't want my comment to seem sensational. But every one of those issues exist in those high HP Sport models from that mfg.

I'll gladly take 78 HP and ride until I need fuel or wear the tires out.

Reactions: joeymt33
W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Honda has already thrown the P1000 into the ring...the Ranger isn't actual just yet. But the engine specs certainly look real. Add gas and ride...two thumbs up from me. I agree.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Seen that info the other day too. I figured Polaris would step it up this year so there still ahead in the power and parts game.
Putting a 1000 in the ranger and a forced induction in there sport.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
It's actualy 144 hp. turbo and as far as the 100hp prostar no one realy knows where or what it's going into yet, but 100hp. in a sport ute seems a little much, i'am waiting to see final specs on the pioneer yet!!!!

Reactions: Hondasxs
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I seen the new turbo rzr is actually a 925cc engine. All new engine just for the turbo.

advertisement
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Actually in a sport ute for eastern trails mid 70's horsepower is plenty if the suspension is good. The P 1000 has all the little amenities that the public desires so now Honda needs to get those suckers out there for some people to test and give us the low down on real performance. Time is wasting. Customers are spending money. Patience is not my strong point. My memory is not that great either. If they wait too long I will forget they even exist.

Reactions: catman
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually in a sport ute for eastern trails mid 70's horsepower is plenty if the suspension is good. The P 1000 has all the little amenities that the public desires so now Honda needs to get those suckers out there for some people to test and give us the low down on real performance. Time is wasting. Customers are spending money. Patience is not my strong point.

I volunteer to test ! I'll even pay for it if I have to.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!