Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone had any success mounting a 50 inch curved light bar up high just under the roof lip?

I’m finding some mounts online but they’re all for a 54 inch?

Any help is appreciated
Mount it on the hood. Its a better more sturdier location
E6A7340D A818 42EB 852C 6DDDD89FF8CD

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The angle that your front wheels are set to?You look to have an extreme amount of tow out
I corrected my first answer. Took me a min to know what u were asking cuz my steering tow is straight as an arrow, so is my Talon. The first pic was taken 3’ from the rig me leaning up against my shop bench. Funny angle so the tow looks out

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As to whether a hood mount is better, that's debatable. Under most conditions, except fog and rain, higher mounted lights are preferable in the opinion of many. But higher mounts are typically more difficult to install. Roof mounted lights can also put the light in harm's way for striking objects, this is the reason I mounted mine a couple of inches below the top of the roof - figured if I smack something hard enough to damage the light, the roll bar is gonna bring things to an ugly stop right quick. I made my own mounting brackets, but there are some being sold on-line. The light is a Nilight 54".

20210806 122901
20211017 112959

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As to whether a hood mount is better, that's debatable. Under most conditions, except fog and rain, higher mounted lights are preferable in the opinion of many. But higher mounts are typically more difficult to install. Roof mounted lights can also put the light in harm's way for striking objects, this is the reason I mounted mine a couple of inches below the top of the roof - figured if I smack something hard enough to damage the light, the roll bar is gonna bring things to an ugly stop right quick. I made my own mounting brackets, but there are some being sold on-line. The light is a Nilight 54".

View attachment 366371View attachment 366372
I totally agree with you. The higher that light is the better. And if set right there won't be any glare off the hood. If I tear up the light bar that is going to be the least of my concerns because the roof and rope is gonna be messed up too!

20220612 155255

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mount it on the hood. Its a better more sturdier location
View attachment 366366
This. Light is much better in adverse conditions and easier on the eyes not looking through it. Nice being more protected and less weight up high.
Have it both ways currently because Talon was easier to mount up towards the top but really prefer under windshield.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Agreed. For some reason everyone seems to refer them as bikes on here.
Actually they don't. Only a select few but are quickly corrected. There are a few scraglers here and there.
I haven no idea why? Cuz they came from a dirt bike🤷‍♂️
I had bikes and know the difference between 2&4 wheels 🤣

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Love your machine
Yes, I already have the 50 inch curved.
What can you tell me about your intake coming out of the hood I definitely wanna do that.
Thanks for the complements.
as for the intake, I cant take full credit for it. My good friend @joeymt33 Invented the Idea to fix the water ingestion to our lovely 16’s. Simply put, where the intake is under the hood you get a pice of aluminum pipe the same size then a fernco to connect it then cut it to the size you like. U can put whatever top cover u like. Some like a cone filter. I like what joey and i have as the true snorkel look. There is a documented section my my P1 build on it for further reading if u want.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I like what joey and i have as the true snorkel look.
@Topguntrigger As a matter of fact, my other good friend @CumminsPusher has the same snorkel top look. i think he did it before I did mine. Either way, he has a nice look to his u might want to check out

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Topguntrigger As a matter of fact, my other good friend @CumminsPusher has the same snorkel top look. i think he did it before I did mine. Either way, he has a nice look to his u might want to check out
Yours is nicer looking then mine but this my setup from Joey

A8B52099 2601 4510 B32C 3BC3B892545A

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!