P1000 50 inch curved light bar

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This. Light is much better in adverse conditions and easier on the eyes not looking through it. Nice being more protected and less weight up high.
Have it both ways currently because Talon was easier to mount up towards the top but really prefer under windshield.

Perhaps I don't understand, but that doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. No matter where you mount a forward shining light, high or low, wherever, if the driver is looking forward, he will be "looking through it". This is why many fog lights will be aimed down a bit and will have an upper cutoff, so you don't have to look through the glare caused by the fog or rain. But most all the lights we are talking about will have a significant beam angle, a flood more so than a spot, but then floods are in many ways more practical as they illuminate a larger area and most want to illuminate a larger area much of the time. Higher mounts are an advantage in that regard as they shine over and beyond nearby obstructions, tall vegetation etc.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Perhaps I don't understand, but that doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. No matter where you mount a forward shining light, high or low, wherever, if the driver is looking forward, he will be "looking through it". This is why many fog lights will be aimed down a bit and will have an upper cutoff, so you don't have to look through the glare caused by the fog or rain. But most all the lights we are talking about will have a significant beam angle, a flood more so than a spot, but then floods are in many ways more practical as they illuminate a larger area and most want to illuminate a larger area much of the time. Higher mounts are an advantage in that regard as they shine over and beyond nearby obstructions, tall vegetation etc.
Well I’ll tell you the higher any light is makes it much harder to see while snowing, rain or fog. Lowest is best for that. From what I’ve seen if you’re blazing down a trail at night light right at lower windshield height seems like it lights up the bumps with tail tell shadows very well, up high tends to over light the trail to the point you can’t see divots nearly as well plus I don’t know about others but it seems to strain the vision after a good bit though the trails. Many of my night rides can last till morning so maybe I’m different.
If you’re stomping down the forest over trees at night I’d say top is best in my opinion, that’s where I’d prefer it, but pretty much only then.
And yes I’ve never suggested spots, like ever. Flood is way to go for most part, big light bar a combo works well.

Topguntrigger

Topguntrigger

Oct 10, 2022
Invermere
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the complements.
as for the intake, I cant take full credit for it. My good friend @joeymt33 Invented the Idea to fix the water ingestion to our lovely 16’s. Simply put, where the intake is under the hood you get a pice of aluminum pipe the same size then a fernco to connect it then cut it to the size you like. U can put whatever top cover u like. Some like a cone filter. I like what joey and i have as the true snorkel look. There is a documented section my my P1 build on it for further reading if u want.
My machine is the 2022 Trail. Do you think there is any advantage to run in the pre-filter through the hood?

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the complements.
as for the intake, I cant take full credit for it. My good friend @joeymt33 Invented the Idea to fix the water ingestion to our lovely 16’s. Simply put, where the intake is under the hood you get a pice of aluminum pipe the same size then a fernco to connect it then cut it to the size you like. U can put whatever top cover u like. Some like a cone filter. I like what joey and i have as the true snorkel look. There is a documented section my my P1 build on it for further reading if u want.

Do you happen to have a link to the snorkel top all of you guys used? Thanks in advance.

Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machine is the 2022 Trail. Do you think there is any advantage to run in the pre-filter through the hood?
The '16's had a bad design of the cover for the pre-filter and air intake. I don't think that is much of an issue anymore. There is no way in hell that I would cut a hole in the hood of that beautiful machine!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It was basically the 16’s and some early 17’s had the issues. People did other things to rectify the problem. You like all later models have a deverter on top of that intake. You can remove it. Nothing wrong with putting one of these on, its your machine. Weather it be that your going into some deep $hit or just want to look BA its up to you.
I think it would
Look good on your trail imo but thats me. Ill have to look up the top for you. Been a while.

Reactions: Buggyman
Ericseabaugh

Ericseabaugh

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2022
South Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was basically the 16’s and some early 17’s had the issues. People did other things to rectify the problem. You like all later models have a deverter on top of that intake. You can remove it. Nothing wrong with putting one of these on, its your machine. Weather it be that your going into some deep $hit or just want to look BA its up to you.
I think it would
Look good on your trail imo but thats me. Ill have to look up the top for you. Been a while.
It definitely serves its purpose very well and looks kinda old school cool, just not for me man.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It definitely serves its purpose very well and looks kinda old school cool, just not for me man.
Well us First year P1 guys are old school 🤣 We “Pioneered” alot of stuff for you later model guys lol
All good!

I personally dont think it looks Old School, looks like an amphibious vehicle that’s never old-school 🤣

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you happen to have a link to the snorkel top all of you guys used? Thanks in advance.
Heres the very original where I got the idea some yrs ago. Also the link to the build. Post #130 starts with the snorkel and parts list in there. And yes, he went through water that deep lol. Not often tho haha I couldnt find the pic of him submerged with that
5969BB7B C7C6 46CF 8E10 DA0B3F7A50F7

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well us First year P1 guys are old school 🤣 We “Pioneered” alot of stuff for you later model guys lol
All good!

I personally dont think it looks Old School, looks like an amphibious vehicle that’s never old-school 🤣
That’s a fact. Boy some of the heavy r&d some of us did for a future generation to gain from at purchase, then add all knowledge here from people that paid the price, yet talk about being afraid to drill a simple hole in a hood. Could you imagine that kind of imagination back in the beginning?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That’s a fact. Boy some of the heavy r&d some of us did for a future generation to gain from at purchase, then add all knowledge here from people that paid the price, yet talk about being afraid to drill a simple hole in a hood. Could you imagine that kind of imagination back in the beginning?
Haha hell no! There deff was some experimental stuff that went on. Trial and error. Some worked and some went to hell in a hand-basket! Like u said, alot of it is still used today, no pucker factor for the newbies 🤣

Topguntrigger

Topguntrigger

Oct 10, 2022
Invermere
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree it looks cool coming out of the hood. I think it would also free up a little more room under the hood for accessories is an air box is huge. I’m gonna be able to front rack for storage on top of my hood so I think I might just keep in mind the way it is for now. If anyone’s got any good ideas for a front storage let me know. I want to build an extension from the bumper up to the bottom of the windshield mount light bars inside of it and be able to strap down my chainsaw and stuff upfront.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!