Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not this year unfortunately, just found out what it is yesterday and want to put it on my calendar for next year though. Looks like a great time! I like the hills, makes me wish FL wasn't so flat lol. Do guys bring ATV's out too or is it just SXS's?

You can bring whatever, sxs, atv, even other brands. It's just a good time with like minded people that we talk to on a regular basis. You'd have a blast.
That's a great story about Jack, your Dad sounds like a character. I don't know what the shipping would be but if you cover that you can have them for free. Worth it just for that story alone. :cool:

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You can bring whatever, sxs, atv, even other brands. It's just a good time with like minded people that we talk to on a regular basis. You'd have a blast.
That's a great story about Jack, your Dad sounds like a character. I don't know what the shipping would be but if you cover that you can have them for free. Worth it just for that story alone. :cool:
@trigger ......... @BrotherofJack if I can save you a buck or two in any way by picking them up at TO let me know. If shipping is cheaper from my end then I don't mind. Or we can meet up on my way down.... 🤷‍♂️

B

BrotherofJack

Jan 25, 2022
FL
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Sounds awesome @trigger, and I definitely appreciate that. If you can figure out how to package them and get a shipping quote I'll gladly cover that and a little extra for your time. I'll send a DM with my zip and we can figure out paypal or however you'd prefer I pay.

@JenElio I certainly appreciate the offer, but my schedule is way too hectic lately to guarantee I'm even available as you pass back through this part of the state (I'm only about a half hour from Croom and still haven't had the time to make it out there 🤦‍♂️). That and I wanted to throw trigger a couple bucks extra anyway. Thank you though!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sounds awesome @trigger, and I definitely appreciate that. If you can figure out how to package them and get a shipping quote I'll gladly cover that and a little extra for your time. I'll send a DM with my zip and we can figure out paypal or however you'd prefer I pay.

@JenElio I certainly appreciate the offer, but my schedule is way too hectic lately to guarantee I'm even available as you pass back through this part of the state (I'm only about a half hour from Croom and still haven't had the time to make it out there 🤦‍♂️). That and I wanted to throw trigger a couple bucks extra anyway. Thank you though!
You got it buddy 👍 that's what we're here for. When we both get some time we'll have to meet up for a FL ride. I rode with some members last year up in Apalachicola it was a good time 👍

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

You're not throwing me extra nothing although I appreciate the gesture. This is just how we roll around here. 👊

ScottB

ScottB

Mar 4, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2012 Tundra (6.5 ft bed) that I've hauled 3 different UTVs in for the past 10 years, including a 2021 520 since last October. All with similar dimensions and weight. Loaded in forward, the rear wheels of each rest on the tailgate about midway or closer than midway from bed. I strap them in well. Never had a loading-unloading issue or in-transit issue.

Nevertheless, for additional peace of mind I've tried to add some tailgate support to the original cables but have found nothing workable. I've had the tailgate cables disconnected (not with UTV loaded) and the tailgate does not drop anyway, so either the tailgate has additional support built-in via the frame (I assume) or it rests on the rear bumper. Have discussed additional support with dealership's service department manager but he's confident it's good as is ... as it has proved to be.

Whatever the case, hauling in the Tundra bed rather than towing has worked for 10 years.
How wide is your UTV? Mine is 54”. Would that fit in your tundra?

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not sure how wide a Tundra is bit my old P5 was 54” and fit in my Super duty
C0D8B7F9 1069 4E88 83BC FF47FF5216DF

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I've got a Ram 1500 that has a 6' bed (not the usual 5.5'). I saw a picture of a 500 in the back of a Ford Ranger but I looked at the specs for the 520 and it's 105" which is almost 9' long. Is the 520 that much longer? Is it possible to load one in a 6'bed? I'd have to drive about 35 miles with it resting on the tailgate.
Easy PZ . Get DG tailgate supports , drive it in , tie it down and roll .

IMG 7801

Reactions: Smitty335 and Rdrcr
G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
Soon after purchase I replaced stock tires with ITP Mud Lite XTR 25" because they were same width (or slightly narrower) than stock tires but actually closer to 26" than 25". So my 520 remains original width, 50". The 2012 Tundra's wheel-well to wheel-well width is 50", so no, 54" would not drive fully into bed without rolling up over the wheel-wells and I didn't want that.

I use my 520 mostly as a tool, e.g. a tractor for hunting property food plot work, and very seldom (or never) really play with it like many on this forum do. My needs are pretty tame but the 520 has been great at everything I've asked of it.

G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
Do you think driving over wheel wells would damage the truck?
No, I'm pretty certain it wouldn't have any significant affect on the truck, not other than some scarring/wearing of the bedliner spray. Equally important, several on here have stated that the 520's front wheels have enough play to handle tilting inward to pass between the wheel-wells and I'm confident that's true. But 4" is more than I'd want to put it through as regularly as I load and unload mine.

FWIW, before the 520 was introduced I'd thought about going with the small Ranger model and think its width is 54". I was looking at possibly building, or better yet getting someone competent to build, a pair of ramps to fit between the wheel-wells and front of bed. That way, the 520 would drive up over the wheel-wells and onto the ramps for hauling. Obviously that means it'd be positioned at an upward angle. Not ideal (to my way of thinking) but certainly doable and not a safety issue when strapped in properly.

Don't know if this helps but I suspect you can get a good deal of feedback and various ideas if you post a new message about your specific situation.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Rdrcr
I

IttyBittyFitty

Dec 19, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My first pioneer 500 I picked up in Kentucky in my supercrew F150 with a 5.5” bed. I removed the front bumper and put it in the bed facing forwards on top of 2x12s. Drove it home 400 miles or so that way to Michigan. My rear end was puckered the entire way. Made it fine though. I had it strapped down very well but still the back tires were on the very edge of the tailgate.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!