520 Initial Test Drive - Check engine light ON

O

ohcountryboy

Jan 19, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Got delivery today of the 520; purty machine. Took it for a short test drive. My first experience driving a side x side. Seemed like when in automatic shifting mode it shifts hard from low up to the next gear. Then the MIL (malfunction indicator light) came on after a short drive which didn't seem too cool. Parked it and called the dealer; awaiting a call back. Told dealer it seems to shift hard in automatic mode, and was told that is typical in the 500 series. Dealer gonna give me a call back on the MIL light displaying. Feel like I'm getting off to a rough start :) .

520 3
520 4

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got delivery today of the 520; purty machine. Took it for a short test drive. My first experience driving a side x side. Seemed like when in automatic shifting mode it shifts hard from low up to the next gear. Then the MIL (malfunction indicator light) came on after a short drive which didn't seem too cool. Parked it and called the dealer; awaiting a call back. Told dealer it seems to shift hard in automatic mode, and was told that is typical in the 500 series. Dealer gonna give me a call back on the MIL light displaying. Feel like I'm getting off to a rough start :) .

View attachment 251630View attachment 251631
Rough shift is pretty normal especially at first. As for your light...is there a flashing sequence on your display?

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
O

ohcountryboy

Jan 19, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
No flashing, just on steady. I pulled into the garage, turned off, started again after a few minutes and the light was off.

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those things shift pretty hard it does get a little better. Everyone was hoping for a dct trans in those for that reason.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!