• KFI Steel

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Denali Pro

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Eagle

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Just pick a damn plow already, you live in Ohio FFS.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is what I remember seeing. Makes you question how much lift you'd get out of it with the strap rigging?

View attachment 235483
That doesn't look right. The hook attaches to the back cross brace of the mount, according to the instructions.

Attachments

• Plow 08L76-HR3-A21.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That doesn't look right. The hook attaches to the blade, according to the instructions.

Right but there's that pulley. Might work great, IDK. Just seemed like too many moving parts down low for my liking. With the KFI winch plate it keeps the winch up high and out of the crap. Then just drop and hook to your blade, simple up and down and less likely to have issues. Especially when it's in the teens, dark out and mother nature is dumping on you. ;)

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Right but there's that pulley. Might work great, IDK. Just seemed like too many moving parts down low for my liking. With the KFI winch plate it keeps the winch up high and out of the crap. Then just drop and hook to your blade, simple up and down and less likely to have issues. Especially when it's in the teens, dark out and mother nature is dumping on you. ;)

That is interesting. I haven't see a pulley set up like that before and in my opinion it looks too low where ice and snow could cause it to not spin and cause wear on the cable. I too haven't seen it in action and it may work great. The pulley attachment on my Moose RM4 mount is higher up and is up and away from snow and ice and I can lift the plow up to where the bottom of the blade is at the headlights I was skeptical about lift as well at first with the strap on the bumper you hook the winch up to. I'll post a picture on here when I have re-attached it. It's the Moose RM4 plow mount with the 66" Moose standard plow if anyone wants to check out a video on it or anything. It has been my favorite and most useful accessory so far next to the winch of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
M

mirasettlers

Aug 12, 2018
Albert Bridge
Ownership

1. 500
Hi everyone, have to say I really enjoy this site and hadn't posted anything to date, but with this post, felt I had to throw in my 2 cents worth. We live in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and can receive a lot of snow between December and April. Our gravel driveway is approx 350 feet with a large turning area. I went from a 400 Cat with a blade to a 48" Kimpex blower. I would never go back to a blade and actually upgraded my cat to P500 complete with roof and windshield in 2018 to help me stay much warmer and dryer. In order to set up the snowblower, had to order a bunch of parts from Kimpex which worked out fabulously. I will attach a pic of the finished product along with another pic of fabric doors we put together this fall to keep the blowing snow out. Bottom line, you will enjoy moving snow with a blower much more than with a plow. It will also free up more time in the spring by not having to rake up lots of stones/gravel from your lawn. Graham

4 20201101 130324

B

Bkondeff

Jul 5, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I went w KFI 66” steel due to mounting that avoids anything hanging down and easy attachment. Easy to install. Just waiting for snow now here in Boise, Idaho.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I went w KFI 66” steel due to mounting that avoids anything hanging down and easy attachment. Easy to install. Just waiting for snow now here in Boise, Idaho.

Sounds like some is coming your way. I'm sure you won't be disappointed in the performance of the machine. Good luck and have fun!

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Here are the pics of my Moose RM4 plow and mount setup. I can't say enough good things about my experience with this accessory. Here in MN we have had a couple decent snow storms over the last week and change and it has performed wonderfully. Happy new year fellas.

20201223 170258 20201223 170318 20201223 170328 20201223 170344 20201223 170442 20201223 170450

Reactions: Jerryg and trigger
J

Jdh3

Dec 28, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I also have a 520 on order and looking at plow options. Today I looked at the one for a 520 on the Honda website and it’s new for 2021. I can’t really tell if it’s something new or just rebranded.
For reference:
The 2015-2020 500 OEM used a Warn plow. The website does not list anything for the 2021 500 but the Frame is unchanged (indicating the old Warn system will still work).
I still need to compare the 520 mounting points to the 500 to insure all are compatible but, considering the bumper is common, I’m assuming it is.
Finally a question: with the Warn plow, does anyone see issues with having the winch high (like the mount on the Strongmade bumper)?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I also have a 520 on order and looking at plow options. Today I looked at the one for a 520 on the Honda website and it’s new for 2021. I can’t really tell if it’s something new or just rebranded.
For reference:
The 2015-2020 500 OEM used a Warn plow. The website does not list anything for the 2021 500 but the Frame is unchanged (indicating the old Warn system will still work).
I still need to compare the 520 mounting points to the 500 to insure all are compatible but, considering the bumper is common, I’m assuming it is.
Finally a question: with the Warn plow, does anyone see issues with having the winch high (like the mount on the Strongmade bumper)?

Winch mounted high is preferred IMO. I looked at the Honda plow system when i got mine. 2500lb winch not enough, 60" blade not enough, and all of it was overpriced. Check out the KFI setup.

Reactions: Morpheus
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I'm bringing this back up as I think I've settled on the KFI Pro-Poly. Now the question is: Where to buy it? KFI allows you to buy all the accessories on their site, but states you need to go through 1 of 3 dealers to purchase. A quick Googles of 'KFI plows for sale' brings up multiple other places that seem to sell them. Any thoughts on this?

Final parts list is:
KFI pro-poly 66" kit
Tapered wings in both sides
Viper 5000lb winch
KFI winch strap to replace synthetic cable
strap roller for push tube
soft strap for hook attachment
I'll have to source a roller fairlead for the winch since the synthetic cables run hawse leads and the strap requires a roller.

Missing anything?

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I found them all over too and ended up just calling them. That way I got exactly what I wanted. They were good people.
did KFI allow you to order from them directly? I tried to do that on the phone today and they said to find a dealer.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
did KFI allow you to order from them directly? I tried to do that on the phone today and they said to find a dealer.

Yeah I ordered directly from them. Probably in the same boat as most businesses right now, behind on production and have to honor dealers orders first.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ebay, get the best price.

Now that you mention it, I think I was looking at their plow packages on ebay but wanted the winch mount for the 500 with it too. Couldn't find it included so called them and placed the order over the phone. It was like a grand for everything including the stealth 3500. 5 yrs ago though.

Reactions: Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Now that you mention it, I think I was looking at their plow packages on ebay but wanted the winch mount for the 500 with it too. Couldn't find it included so called them and placed the order over the phone. It was like a grand for everything including the stealth 3500. 5 yrs ago though.
I just ordered everything for my X2 seperate, it was cheaper that way. The plow kits were more money.

BadMechanic

BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
Some good information in this thread. Thanks to all who contributed.

Im bumping it because it close to that time and someone else might find it useful.

Seems KFI is the go to plow.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

O

ohcountryboy

Jan 19, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hi everyone, have to say I really enjoy this site and hadn't posted anything to date, but with this post, felt I had to throw in my 2 cents worth. We live in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and can receive a lot of snow between December and April. Our gravel driveway is approx 350 feet with a large turning area. I went from a 400 Cat with a blade to a 48" Kimpex blower. I would never go back to a blade and actually upgraded my cat to P500 complete with roof and windshield in 2018 to help me stay much warmer and dryer. In order to set up the snowblower, had to order a bunch of parts from Kimpex which worked out fabulously. I will attach a pic of the finished product along with another pic of fabric doors we put together this fall to keep the blowing snow out. Bottom line, you will enjoy moving snow with a blower much more than with a plow. It will also free up more time in the spring by not having to rake up lots of stones/gravel from your lawn. Graham

View attachment 235910 View attachment 235911
Hi. wondering about purchasing and setting up this blower on my Honda Pioneer 520. Curious if it will fit/work and what all u had to do as far as parts, effort, etc to get it set up. Do you need a winch as well? thanks in advance for any info.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!