P1000 7” or 10” wide wheels? 28” or 30” tires??

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Thinking about
View attachment 124750 With an all stock setup this 28" tire is as much as my machine can handle . Hard to hit rev limiter on level ground now . Noticeable power loss in 5th and 6th gear . They are about 2" in diameter larger than the stock tires I had .

What is your top speed now and did they make a noticable drop in rpms at higher speeds?

Reactions: clifforeilly
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about

What is your top speed now and did they make a noticable drop in rpms at higher speeds?

65mph on both speedo and GPS , on level tar road, turf mode, 30 psi all around ( yes it's a lot but haven't really trail rode yet ) hangs right around 8k rpm, never hit rev limiter. One mile test WFO, 3 times. Spedoo was off before . On now .

Most noticeable is rpm from 5th to 6th , and from there to top speed. takes a few seconds longer than with stock tires to get to red line.

I think this setup is using up all available power perfectly!

Reactions: russknight
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 3972
After measuring more accurate I'd say they are closer to 3" in diameter bigger than the base stock tire .

Sckottty

Sckottty

Dec 2, 2017
Abilene TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been down this road, since I put 28" on 12" bead locks with 2" lift, I blow through trails I normally had issues with stock setup, Took unit in for yearly checkup and all fluids look good. Local mechanic sees lots of dark trans oil form 30" tires, unless you are on open/hard packed trails, bigger tires work, if you are on soft trails with lots of low torque climbing, 28" the biggest you want to go. I went with 12" bead lockers and it rides nice on rough trail and has plenty of flotation on soft muddy trails. Stay away from radial tires unless you are looking for DOT public road riding. My buddy has DOT truck tires (skinny) and he is always wanting me to drive ahead of him so I can pull him out easier. I just leave me tow rope on receiver.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!