P700 700-4 Radiator fan motor replacement help

B

Basslure32

Jun 15, 2021
Gainesville Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello, new to the forum and looking for some guidance. My fan motor stopped working on my 2016 Pioneer 700-4, which caused me to overheat, so I'm wondering if this is something worth trying to tackle replacing myself, or just take it into the shop. I've already ordered the new fan motor and new temperature sensor. I'm fairly handy and am willing to learn, I just can't find any guidance online where to even begin, or if this is even in an amateurs wheelhouse. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance in advance.

Brent

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
My opinion is that it is very much a job you can tackle if you want to.
Grab some tools, a good light and some patience.
Let us know how it works out for you.
Pics or it didn't happen and welcome from Michigan.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello, new to the forum and looking for some guidance. My fan motor stopped working on my 2016 Pioneer 700-4, which caused me to overheat, so I'm wondering if this is something worth trying to tackle replacing myself, or just take it into the shop. I've already ordered the new fan motor and new temperature sensor. I'm fairly handy and am willing to learn, I just can't find any guidance online where to even begin, or if this is even in an amateurs wheelhouse. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance in advance.

Brent
I’ve replaced my radiator fan on my 7hundo. You have to drop the grill and get the radiator loose. I used a service manual but did not do all steps. They want you to pull the lights and more. I was able to finagle it out. It took a couple hours to do. Raise your vent to up under the dash to hopefully increase the life of the motor. You can definitely tackle this. Any questions just post them or you can PM me. 😎

B

Basslure32

Jun 15, 2021
Gainesville Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4

Brent
Thanks, definitely gonna give it a shot, much appreciated!

T

TotalHavok

Jun 30, 2021
Springfield, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4

Brent
Any updates? I'm having overheating issues on my 2017 700-4, and my fan only comes on after I spin it and sounds like it's dying. Have a Service Manual and plan on giving it a go soon. Has anyone used a Moose Hi-Performance Fan?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any updates? I'm having overheating issues on my 2017 700-4, and my fan only comes on after I spin it and sounds like it's dying. Have a Service Manual and plan on giving it a go soon. Has anyone used a Moose Hi-Performance Fan?
I used oem when I replaced the fan motor. The overall replacement job was easy. The hardest part was finagling the fan assembly in and out. Extend the vent while it’s out if you haven’t done so yet. Super easy to get to the attachment point of the vent with it in your hands. 😉😎

J

J02

Apr 22, 2017
texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
My OEM replacement fan motor only lasted about 6 months. Are these a known issue? Not enjoying this $100 job every year. Has anyone tried the Moose fan?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
My OEM replacement fan motor only lasted about 6 months. Are these a known issue? Not enjoying this $100 job every year. Has anyone tried the Moose fan?
nope some last some dont. mine lasted 7.5 yrs. havent tried the moose yet but i think some have. i bout the caltric sealed from amazon for 58 bucks.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!