P700 Radiator fan question

M

MudBug 58

Jun 18, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
New here. Lots of good info as I read through all the knowledge base. I haven’t seen any thing to address my issue so thought I’d reach out for advise/assistance. Maybe someone has had this same problem I am having.
I have a 2018 700-2. Was on hunting lease spraying weed killer the other day when it was 98 degrees. I noticed my radiator fan was not coming on at all. When I got home I checked fuses. All good. Coolant level was perfect. Engine oil level was perfect. Unplugged heat sensor from back of engine. Turned key on (didn’t start it) and fan kicked on. Engine was cold. So, that tells me the fan motor works just fine. But, why will it not cycle on and off as it’s supposed to? Bad sensor? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Backwoods
M

MudBug 58

Jun 18, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did the unit ever overheat?

They take forever to turn the fan on.
No lights or warnings ever alerted me to any issue. The engine just shut off. It would start right back up. Did that 4 times before I got it loaded up on to the trailer to start home.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
New here. Lots of good info as I read through all the knowledge base. I haven’t seen any thing to address my issue so thought I’d reach out for advise/assistance. Maybe someone has had this same problem I am having.
I have a 2018 700-2. Was on hunting lease spraying weed killer the other day when it was 98 degrees. I noticed my radiator fan was not coming on at all. When I got home I checked fuses. All good. Coolant level was perfect. Engine oil level was perfect. Unplugged heat sensor from back of engine. Turned key on (didn’t start it) and fan kicked on. Engine was cold. So, that tells me the fan motor works just fine. But, why will it not cycle on and off as it’s supposed to? Bad sensor? Any advice? Thanks in advance.
If you were just putting in 98 degrees that fan should be running alot.

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Look at temperature guage and if it gets to three bars the radiator usually kicks on. Two bars or less and it won't kick on. If airflow is decent it may be able to run in 98 degree heat and never kick on.

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Maybe the radiator fan not kicking on isnt your issue, maybe you have the dreaded 700 stalling issue. Have you read this thread?

Phil

M

MudBug 58

Jun 18, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Maybe the radiator fan not kicking on isnt your issue, maybe you have the dreaded 700 stalling issue. Have you read this thread?

Phil
Ugh. That sounds complex.

H

HEK

Jan 22, 2020
Avery,Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 2017 was doing the same thing but overheating.I cleaned the connector and sensor with a Q tip and alcohol,applied some gray deoxidation paste.That was 1.5 years ago,no problems.

M

MudBug 58

Jun 18, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 2017 was doing the same thing but overheating.I cleaned the connector and sensor with a Q tip and alcohol,applied some gray deoxidation paste.That was 1.5 years ago,no problems.
HEK, when you say, “………cleaned the connector and sensor”, I assume you are referring to the sensor on the engine and the plug that connects to it, correct?

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HEK

Jan 22, 2020
Avery,Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
HEK, when you say, “………cleaned the connector and sensor”, I assume you are referring to the sensor on the engine and the plug that connects to it, correct?
Yes,that is correct

Archer

Archer

May 10, 2021
SE Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know this is an old thread but could someone explain to me where the heat sensor is on the back of the motor? I can't seem to find it. Thank you

H

HondaTech

I know this is an old thread but could someone explain to me where the heat sensor is on the back of the motor? I can't seem to find it. Thank you

The ECT sensor is on the back of the cylinder head.

The one in the bottom of the engine is the Oil Temperature.

Archer

Archer

May 10, 2021
SE Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
The ECT sensor is on the back of the cylinder head.

The one in the bottom of the engine is the Oil Temperature.
Thank you. I found it. Apparently I too have a bad cooling fan. I'll probably try replacing it myself as I can only imagine how much the dealership would charge. I sure wish there was a YouTube video on this somewhere. Thanks again

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!