P700 700-4 speed limit??

N

Norndorf

Mar 27, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
so what’s the ticket to get the top speed above 43 mph? Seems like there is more engine there but the speed limiter/rev limiter, whatever you want to call it keeps the beast in check. I don’t run it that fast most of the time but I’d like to know I could if I needed too.

Reactions: swsebek
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I don't think anyone has figured out how to get more out of the 700's, but if you do make sure to fill us in.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you want something faster start saving to trade it on a 1000 Lol. If you want something that is amazingly dependable with very little maintenance keep the 700. It is the slowest SxS in my group but she amazes almost every outing. For the money and dependability you just can't beat them.

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome @Norndorf .
As you can see from the replies, most new owners are disappointed that their machine won't go 65.
Usually we get bigger tires and/or lift the SxS making high speeds very unstable.
Like you, I searched for ways to get past the 43mph limit. But now, I realize that in 2 years I haven't hit the limiter.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
so what’s the ticket to get the top speed above 43 mph? Seems like there is more engine there but the speed limiter/rev limiter, whatever you want to call it keeps the beast in check. I don’t run it that fast most of the time but I’d like to know I could if I needed too.
Yes fellows from the very beginning have been trying to get more speed out of the old 700....turbos,chips,programmers,pipes,even bigger tires don't really help......Truth is its in the computer.....So what is comes down to is someone has to build another or break into it.""MAYBE THE RUSSIANS""And no one has done this to my knowledge.....Like Gator said; most of us have never hit our limiters....And if you keep finding yourself wanting more speed,you better sell it and get the 1000 cause that b**** hauls azz

N

Norndorf

Mar 27, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks everyone. I hit the limit first time out while we were traveling a paved road between 2 towns. Most of my group was stuck behind me.

I’d rather not go to the 1000 though because I like the small size of the 700.

Oh well I’ll learn to live with it I guess. It’s not that I need to go that fast very often.

Reactions: Lamascota
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks everyone. I hit the limit first time out while we were traveling a paved road between 2 towns. Most of my group was stuck behind me.

I’d rather not go to the 1000 though because I like the small size of the 700.

Oh well I’ll learn to live with it I guess. It’s not that I need to go that fast very often.
Just don't get stuck in the back Lol. My Rzr friends run off and leave me on the way back to camp sometimes:oops: The 700 does have some drawbacks but for the money and dependability, I just haven't seen anything to make come off more coin!

C

Chad123

Apr 2, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just turn 50 going 75 mph on a sxs scares me anymore. But it would be nice to run off and leave everyone on my pioneer 700. But for the money you can't beat it.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
bigger tires are about all I would do
welcome to the under appreciated world, I bought it because of its just right size but I do wish it could go like 5 more but not likely ever going to have any aftermarket people care enough to spend the money to jail break it

C

Chad123

Apr 2, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-4
bigger tires are about all I would do
welcome to the under appreciated world, I bought it because of its just right size but I do wish it could go like 5 more but not likely ever going to have any aftermarket people care enough to spend the money to jail break it
I bought mine thinking my girls would like riding but I was wrong lol. I'm a Honda guy so I still like it. Any way to get more ground clearance

C

Chad123

Apr 2, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-4
I could have purchased a P1000 but speed wasn't what I was looking for, the 700/4 followed me home. I have many uses for this machine at home. So Far So Good!
I have add so much to mine now to make my riding so much easier. I guess I will keep it now with my two honda 300 fourtrax

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
rincon running gear. but i wouldnt use it if your mudding and things like that. its just the reverse of what the rincons do for gear reduction. they were using the big red running gear which dropped top speed from 65 down to around 45. down side in going the other way is you loose alot of torque on low end slow speed

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
never mind just read a thread here where he did that with rincon gears and the speed sensor still stops him at 44mph

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
In the "OLD DAYS" if you wanted more power & speed swap in Bigger motor.

In time someone younger than I will experiment.

If a wrecked P700 or 1000 doaner cane my way for decent $$$ never know.
Find P500 with bad motor - 700 or 1000 Motor / Trans swap-- Would be able to almost Fly if I put the Mud Deflectors .ref- post ( Not Nerf-Bars/ Not Running Boards )

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!