swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok the 700s have been out for a good while now and a lot of you guys have put a good many miles on them now.... I have always wanted to go same size tire all around... So I could rotate from wear.... but after 1600 miles on my second set, they appear to be wearing evenly...I am curious to see others views and observations on this topic...Do your tires wear evenly for the most part or not?

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
600mi been on hard top quite a bit and a lot of gravel haul roads. My rear tires are going fast front still like new. I’ve also had the notion that some of my wear may b due to not putting it in 4x4 when I probably should instead of spinning through and up stuff in 2wd. I’m gonna go with some type of light truck tire same size all the way around in the future to more suite my ridding areas and be able to rotate them.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I am running same size on 700 now. They are 27's and have been on a while. Probably can look at old posts but I'm a straight shooter and have had other tires on the 700. I had them on the P500 for a while. I moved them front to rear after putting a thousands miles or so on them. They were worn more than the rears. After selling the 500 and buying a 1000 last July the 700 don't get much attention but I love it. Tires are still a bit more worn on the rears.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just over 1000 miles and the rear tires are a little more worn than the front. I am probably about 15% pavement and the rest is dirt, and rock. I am considering going to the same size all around but my question is about the speedometer. How much would 26 or 27s change it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just over 1000 miles and the rear tires are a little more worn that the front. I am probably about 15% pavement and the rest is dirt, and rock. I am considering going to the same size all around but my question is about the speedometer. How much would 26 or 27s change it?
You shouldn't notice it at all,
I went to 28s and I didn't notice anything.44mph tops out and shifts at same speeds.JMO

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
My 30s changed it a little it shows about 5 miles hour slower then actually going

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
My fronts have way more wear with probably 3-4000 miles. Guess it depends on how long you are going to keep your tires if you should go same size all around

N

NHPioneer

Aug 28, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
600mi been on hard top quite a bit and a lot of gravel haul roads. My rear tires are going fast front still like new. I’ve also had the notion that some of my wear may b due to not putting it in 4x4 when I probably should instead of spinning through and up stuff in 2wd. I’m gonna go with some type of light truck tire same size all the way around in the future to more suite my ridding areas and be able to rotate them.
I noticed the exact thing on mine at 600 miles. Same driving as you described. Now with 800 miles on them and I am using 4 wheel drive more often to minimize only wear on the rear tires and try to get more even wear. The stock tires grip well on all the trails that we use.

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
E

ErnieFurgler

Feb 4, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
1400 miles on my '17 OEM tires...fronts are shot & rears have 80% tread left. A lot of paved country road driving (mainly by my daughter lol) with some dirt/grass trails mixed in. Going with a less aggressive tire next to help save the wear & tear on my lawn when i do work around the house

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!