P1000 A few Desert Pics from Nevada

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Hondasxs
Thought I would post a few pics from our desert run today in Nevada. We are flooding in all directions this year and our normal places we like to go you can't get to. Time to do some exploring and I can't think of a better side by side to do it with. this is our second time out and just love our new Honda. We definitely need to do something about a wind break or windshield. Just can't make up my mind which way to go.
IMG 0645
IMG 0650
IMG 0651
IMG 0658
IMG 0662

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Hondasxs
Thought I would post a few pics from our desert run today in Nevada. We are flooding in all directions this year and our normal places we like to go you can't get to. Time to do some exploring and I can't think of a better side by side to do it with. this is our second time out and just love our new Honda. We definitely need to do something about a wind break or windshield. Just can't make up my mind which way to go. View attachment 42018 View attachment 42019 View attachment 42021 View attachment 42022 View attachment 42023
I think glass is the best bet. But looks like you wont see a lot of tree branches or mud verry often to scratch up the plastic

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got he split Honda and I love it. We probably ride the same kind of terrain the downside of the one piece is the dust, when we have it closed on a dry dusty day the inside gets covered with dust but after we open it no dust on the inside.

Reactions: RobertinNevada
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Welcome @RobertinNevada, great pictures, I'd love to make it west some day, looks like a lot of great riding. I like a split windshield, the upper portion can be taken off during the warmer months.

J

Jpred1

Mar 25, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely some nice exploring there. Looks to be cool temps there. I'm in the south no it was 88 yesterday. Windshield was too hot. I'd love to ride up there some day.

Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like seven troughs as well it's by Lovelock lots of trails and good views and good bird hunting in season.

Reactions: GumpAir
GumpAir

GumpAir

Jun 16, 2016
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi Hondasxs
Thought I would post a few pics from our desert run today in Nevada. We are flooding in all directions this year and our normal places we like to go you can't get to. Time to do some exploring and I can't think of a better side by side to do it with. this is our second time out and just love our new Honda. We definitely need to do something about a wind break or windshield. Just can't make up my mind which way to go.

We use the Honda wind deflector windshield and soft Bimini top, and recently added the soft mid-panel (along with a heat shield under the seat)

We found that by adding the mid-panel that the dust, and seat heat, is more than 95% eliminated. Night and day improvement.

With the wind deflector, how well it works depends on how tall you are. My wife is short, and she rides completely wind free. Me, I'm 6 ft, and the wind hits me right at eye level.

Gump

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for sharing the photos. Nice ride for sure.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!