a few worries about my new 1000r

T

THEHANS

Apr 9, 2019
northern ca
Ownership

1. Talon R
Id like to start off by saying this is my first utv, ive always had rock crawlers and raced king of the hammers. im not new to offroad, coilovers, prerunners, and i understand how shocks and travel work.

so ive been very happy with the machine for the most part, only has 50 miles so no long term input yet but here are a few things that bug me. I wasnt 100% impressed with the ride quality so far, and last night i removed the sway bar. after doing so i decided to jack it up from the center and see the down travel and if or what binds and limits the drop. first thing i noticed was the play coming from the wheel bearings, everything was tight but when checking the wheel bearing play as you do on a truck it has more then my liking for play. not sure if this is standard with utvs in general or?
Second issue was the shock appears to be no where near fully extended yet the axles are binding up already keeping it from using the shock like it should. anyone else notice this? had issues?

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
i noticed the wheel bearing issue as well. i haven't had a chance to dig into it and see if it can be tightened.,

i did not notice the axles binding, i'll re check mine when i get a chance.

how was the ride with the sway bar removed? i'm thinking about doing this for mine on the rough rocky trails i sometimes ride here in AZ>

wrighteous

wrighteous

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2014
Any updates on wheel bearings does anyone else have loose ones esp. the rears?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Any updates on wheel bearings does anyone else have loose ones esp. the rears?

Are you sure it is the bearings? I checked mine before the last ride and was ready to flip thinking mine were going out with only a couple hundred miles. A little investigation and I found it to be play in the rear radius rods. Seems they have some play in the joints on frame side. Felt a lot like bearing at first. Just something to check.

Reactions: TripleB
wrighteous

wrighteous

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2014
Are you sure it is the bearings? I checked mine before the last ride and was ready to flip thinking mine were going out with only a couple hundred miles. A little investigation and I found it to be play in the rear radius rods. Seems they have some play in the joints on frame side. Felt a lot like bearing at first. Just something to check.
Dealer replaced one ssid all noises gone now ill find out when i go get in a dsy or so

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!