ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I also made a roof out of 1/4 " and used the Honda quick clamps to hold it on,I love it, absolutely no rattles or vibration, it doesn't touch the roll cage anywhere, it sets on top of the clamps away from the cage.
Where did you find the Honda quick clamps??

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
My clamps aren't very "quick" but I don't have a need to take my roof on and off and I have all my switches mounted overhead anyway. I needed something pretty sturdy because I tend to get lazy and not clear trails so tree branches do a number on it. Tue factory Honda roof probably wouldn't fair to well on my ride...

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Been lurking here for a while and finally joined up. Already did my own roof out of 0.25" uhmw and a two piece windshield out of 0.25" Marguard lexan. Here's what i've been working on lately....

Great job. Between you and Monte, I don't feel my winch install is obsessive. These are two great examples of superb work being done under the hood. Clearly professional grade.

Oh, Uh......., speakers. Nice. Got carried away the wiring under the hood.:D

Reactions: Montecresto
T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Here's my clamps....
ATTACH]
IMG 20160325 185115 821
Great job. Between you and Monte, I don't feel my winch install is obsessive. These are two great examples of superb work being done under the hood. Clearly professional grade.

Oh, Uh......., speakers. Nice. Got carried away the wiring under the hood.:D
Thanks.

Reactions: JCart
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Part #08R70-Hl3-A00 ,order thru Honda dealer, about $8.00 each.

Thank you for the info. They make a smaller size that fits the rack. The OEM cargo bed uses them. I can't find a part number for them either.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
UHMW will relax so you hafta over bend the crap out of it. I'm gonna get the use out of the whole sheet. May even end up with at least one piece for my saw holder plan...
Would you post pictures of them when they are complete? Thanks

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Would you post pictures of them when they are complete? Thanks
Sure. It'll be a while but I'll get them up. Still working on clearance issues while trying to the most protection. Ordered some 1" rubber coated stainless P clamps, then realized the A arm's on the rear are a smaller diameter tubing so my clamps are little big. That got me thinking about making my own clamps, similar to the rest of the clamps I've made. So long story short, they're still in the R&D department...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sure. It'll be a while but I'll get them up. Still working on clearance issues while trying to the most protection. Ordered some 1" rubber coated stainless P clamps, then realized the A arm's on the rear are a smaller diameter tubing so my clamps are little big. That got me thinking about making my own clamps, similar to the rest of the clamps I've made. So long story short, they're still in the R&D department...
No worries, I'd just like to see how they turn out when you're finished.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!