P500 Added some accessories

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Been lurking here for a while and finally joined up. Already did my own roof out of 0.25" uhmw and a two piece windshield out of 0.25" Marguard lexan. Here's what i've been working on lately....
IMG 20160526 180753 873

IMG 20160526 180812 382201
IMG 20160527 160848 040

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been lurking here for a while and finally joined up. Already did my own roof out of 0.25" uhmw and a two piece windshield out of 0.25" Marguard lexan. Here's what i've been working on lately....
View attachment 16077

View attachment 16078
View attachment 16079
Welcome to the club Twitch!
Nice work under that hood... second battery, very clean job.
Nice to see someone else get creative with the sound system too.
That's right about where my sub fires in the toolbox. Turn it up!!

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Thanks. I figured that was unused real estate, so why not. I did the 6"PVC caps, trimmed an inch off them so the whole setup wouldnt stick to the front or the back as far. I added polyfil to them and got them sounding better. Just in the caps alone they had a tin can sound that i didnt really care for. The caps are set in .50" aluminum. I drilled all the way up from the bottom to run the speaker wires into the caps so there would be no wires sticking out. Then sprayed it all with rattle can bedliner.
I used the 2 channel Pyle amp. Its mounted in my overhead switch mount. Had to put everything up there because I have a little guy that loves to ride but likes pushing buttons even more. Thats why i went with a wireless remote for the terra45 winch and mounted the wired remote socket in the underhood panel.
My next project will be a saw mount so I'm not just strapping it to the back all the time. Then maybe redo the skid plates out of UHMW, then maybe some driving lights in the matching guards i made to cover the brake master cylinder, oh crap the list keeps getting longer.....

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks. I figured that was unused real estate, so why not. I did the 6"PVC caps, trimmed an inch off them so the whole setup wouldnt stick to the front or the back as far. I added polyfil to them and got them sounding better. Just in the caps alone they had a tin can sound that i didnt really care for. The caps are set in .50" aluminum. I drilled all the way up from the bottom to run the speaker wires into the caps so there would be no wires sticking out. Then sprayed it all with rattle can bedliner.
I used the 2 channel Pyle amp. Its mounted in my overhead switch mount. Had to put everything up there because I have a little guy that loves to ride but likes pushing buttons even more. Thats why i went with a wireless remote for the terra45 winch and mounted the wired remote socket in the underhood panel.
My next project will be a saw mount so I'm not just strapping it to the back all the time. Then maybe redo the skid plates out of UHMW, then maybe some driving lights in the matching guards i made to cover the brake master cylinder, oh crap the list keeps getting longer.....
It never ends...these things are a blast to accessorize.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I love the second battery setup. Looks like a textbook job. I have toyed with the idea of putting a second battery, or just moving (and going larger) to under the hood. Haven't had any problems with factory, so I have put it on the back burner. However, seeing yours lights that fire, again. Ha!

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
I have a bad habit of going off somewhere and leaving radios playing so I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I love the second battery setup. Looks like a textbook job. I have toyed with the idea of putting a second battery, or just moving (and going larger) to under the hood. Haven't had any problems with factory, so I have put it on the back burner. However, seeing yours lights that fire, again. Ha!
Same here, I've been kicking the idea around for a while. Is it as simple as wiring the two in parallel? Hot to one, ground to the other and jumpers in between? That's how I added the second battery on the travel trailer. Essentially makes the two batteries as one just more power storage capacity. Supposedly charges the two batteries equally.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I can provide you a blueprint if you need, lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Same here, I've been kicking the idea around for a while. Is it as simple as wiring the two in parallel? Hot to one, ground to the other and jumpers in between? That's how I added the second battery on the travel trailer. Essentially makes the two batteries as one just more power storage capacity. Supposedly charges the two batteries equally.
No it's not trig, check out my dual battery thread. P500 - Dual battery

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Twitch nice looking ride. Having a second battery with lots of powered accsy. is a smart move.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Damn Monte...that's bad ass! Can't say that I've ever seen that pic of your ride.
Cover and everything, very clean...nice job.
Yeah, that's the set up I want.
That thread will get you there, you'll find all you need in the instructions @JCart provides!

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Now that is a clean job Monte! I'm a fabricator, not an electrician! I have spent today making a template for a one piece skid plate. Made one out of cardboard, think I'll run the first one out of ply board on the water jet. If it turns out good I have to make up my mind whether or not to use the 1/4" UHMW I have left or buy another sheet of 3/8" UHMW. I bought a 4'x10' sheet of 1/4" to do my roof and have enough of it left to do the skid and A arm guards if I choose. $130 for the 4'x10' sheet and have enough to do all of it. Not bad when you compare the prices of any roof or skids out there.

Reactions: iowaguy
T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
Trigger, I just used the stinger relay on mine. I hope the charging system doesn't crap out, prematurely.
I had to put the saw Mount on hold for the new skid plate. Rode some trails Thursday, got high centered and peeled the factory plate down. Guess one of the bolts and recess washers came loose and fell out. Had to winch off the hump. Decided to make my own after seeing solrus's thread on the one he made.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Now that is a clean job Monte! I'm a fabricator, not an electrician! I have spent today making a template for a one piece skid plate. Made one out of cardboard, think I'll run the first one out of ply board on the water jet. If it turns out good I have to make up my mind whether or not to use the 1/4" UHMW I have left or buy another sheet of 3/8" UHMW. I bought a 4'x10' sheet of 1/4" to do my roof and have enough of it left to do the skid and A arm guards if I choose. $130 for the 4'x10' sheet and have enough to do all of it. Not bad when you compare the prices of any roof or skids out there.
Your right. Very nice that you can fabricate and save yourself some beer money for your next ride!!!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I also made a roof out of 1/4 " and used the Honda quick clamps to hold it on,I love it, absolutely no rattles or vibration, it doesn't touch the roll cage anywhere, it sets on top of the clamps away from the cage.

T

Twitch

May 6, 2016
In the backyard
I also made a rpiece clamput of 1/4 " and used the Honda quick clamps to hold it on,I love it, absolutely no rattles or vibration, it doesn't touch the roll cage anywhere, it sets on top of the clamps away from the cage.
I made my own clamps out of 1" thick aluminum. Picture a 2 piece clamp collar with a leg on one side. Cut them on a water jet and then did the machine work to make them 2 pieces, drilled and tapped holes. If I get a chance I'll post a pic. Photo bucket hates this phone so it'll be later.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!