Adding crossover rings?

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Guys, I'm creating a new thread to separate my b****ing about the stock suspension, and my attempt at fixing the stock suspension.

SO, is my thinking correct? I found these: Fox Podium/Performance Series Dual-Rate Crossover Collars | Schmidty Racing

My thought process is if I add them to the X's stock suspension, it'll allow the tenders to work at the same time the main springs work, as opposed to having to compress the tenders before the mains do anything. Is that correct, or is my primitive knowledge of suspension engineering misfiring?

Reactions: 906UP and BWAF
M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ordered some cross overs, and some bandit tender springs that are finally back in stock.

Reactions: 906UP and HUCK
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Misfire . The X tenders are compressed always so , you are always on the mains

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Ordered some cross overs, and some bandit tender springs that are finally back in stock.
You don't need cross overs with the bandit tension springs . I've had them on for year and they work great .

Reactions: TerryH
M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
You don't need cross overs with the bandit tension springs . I've had them on for year and they work great .

Yes the stock ones are always compressed, but just thinking if the bandit springs are really good, how good would it be to essentially soften the mains a bit with crossovers? I dunno, but for 24 bucks i'm gonna try it lol

Reactions: HUCK
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
The Bandit tenders are progressive. I've worked with Ted from Bandit pretty extensively over the last year as the tenders and the spring sets were being developed. He designs springs specifically not to use crossovers. Might still work on the front but don't see a crossover working on the rear. Those tenders are pretty short.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!