P700m4 Adding fuse block and winch install question

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ordered this harness already: Amazon.com: Honda 08Z08-HL5-A00 Pioneer 500 Accessory Sub Harness: Automotive

Im going with the mictunning switches. Have not looked into relays yet though. I was gonna go with a wiring harness but I dont need the switches of fuses from it
You did say 700 correct? I'm not sure but the 500 harness may be different than the 700. I didn't put any relays in, so you can skip that part unless you just want to do it. I didn't want to have anymore wires or devices than I absolutely have to have to make it less messy. I have wire loom to put on just haven't had the time to do it yet.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yea, I know it says its for a 500 but supposedly it will work with a 700 as well

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea, I know it says its for a 500 but supposedly it will work with a 700 as well
Ah ok... The only other thing I can suggest is some good crimpers, plenty of connections, and plan everything out beforehand. Order a few more than you think you'll need because I put the wrong one on a couple of times. I had to order all my connections online because my local auto part places didn't have enough and the quality sucked.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
yep, thanks. Im gonna wait until i have everything i need before i start. Gonna use the remote and plug in on the winch for the time being. once i get everything i need ill lay it out then do the install.

Reactions: LandPioneer
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
My radio was draining my battery if I left it for prolonged periods. I like being able to disconnect everything when it is not in use. Since I put in the breaker I've had zero issues. I thought about a relay but I like the peace of mind the circuit breaker provides.
@Montecresto You are just protecting a shorter wire vs. longer wire with it being closer to the battery correct? I really did thing about putting mine in the battery box but there is no room in the 700! Lol
Oh I see, you trip your circuit breaker regularly/daily. So the purpose of having the breaker in the OEM battery box is not about protecting a short wire verses a long wire, but about protecting the entire wire regardless of its length. IOW, the circuit breaker only protects wiring from itself to the load. So for example, those that run six foot of wire from the battery box to the front under the hood to a circuit breaker, and then from the circuit breaker to the load are only protected that short distance from circuit breaker to load, whereas that six foot of wire can developed a problem along its length leading to numerous types of damage or fire that the circuit breaker under the hood fails to guard.

Reactions: LandPioneer
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The only place i could see is mounting it is to the tool pouch holder under the passenger seat. but I do like the idea of it being under the hood.
Just remember that a hot wire off the battery running to the front under the hood is not protected by that circuit you install under the hood, only that which is beyond the circuit will be protected.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
yep, thanks. Im gonna wait until i have everything i need before i start. Gonna use the remote and plug in on the winch for the time being. once i get everything i need ill lay it out then do the install.
I highly recommend soldering all connections and then shrink wrapping them, then cover everything with split loam wrap.

tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I highly recommend soldering all connections and then shrink wrapping them, then cover everything with split loam wrap.
I agree. I do that when I install add a fuse wiring for dash cams in my car.

Reactions: Montecresto
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!