Adjusting rear suspension

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Anyone know the easiest or best way to tighten the rear suspension? Is this recommended? I typically carry 100lbs in cargo and I weigh 225lbs. My passengers are between 180-200lbs.
Will it benefit me to tighten it?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You talking the pre-load settings on the bottom of the shock? Just use a big channel lock pliers and turn it. If you need more move it back to 1 and add a 1/4" spacer. There are several topics on adding custom spacers for cheap.

Yes, there are benefits as well as drawbacks from making them tighter. Benefits are keeping a taller stance and keeping the shocks from bottoming out not to mention more ground clearance. Drawbacks are a stiffer ride when unloaded and a more aggressive axle keep angle. Yet the angle will not be outside Honda's specs if you dont build a lift kit for it.

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Does the P500 come with a suspension adjustment tool? I thought that was the wrench under the seat by the tool kit.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Stoney, no it does not come with the shock adjustment tool. That wrench you see allows you to manually shift the transmission.

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Noted! I wonder why it was tiny for a shock adjustment tool :D I might just go engrave label that guy.

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
The tool yiu are looking for is called a hook spanner wrench.

S

slacker

Feb 21, 2015
like said above, channel locks or a pipe wrench work fine

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!