J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey All,

I'm about to start the build on my 2018 1000-5 Deluxe. I'm figuring out what to do with the switches, heater vents, and joystick control for the plow. Heater is an Ice Crusher, plow is a Denali from Honda SXS store, includes hydro turn and joystick control. Miscellaneous switches for light bar, turn signals, etc. Going with OTRATTW switches.

Joystick options: It come with cupholder mount, and I thought that left cupholder would work well as it's close to wheel and may be easier to control plow from there. Problem is the heater defrost vents replace left and right cupholders. Next option I thought was a custom panel which I could mount the joystick on left, two heater vents, six switches and the voltage meter (see pic). I'd likely need to add extra switches below with a faceplate for the lower cubby. I'm not as crazy about having to reach to center for joystick control, but I may be over thinking. See 1st pic.

Heat/Defrost Vents:
I saw one thread where someone put vents in upper cubby with home made faceplate (see pic). I've searched and can't find plates for that cubby. The Ice Crusher vents are 3" and the cubby opening is only about 2 3/4". I guess you could cut it a little larger. Any concerns on removing that? Putting vents there gives me more switch capacity on the main plate. There's also two lower vents, I've heard the lower Honda storage compartment I'm installing might interfere with the vents.

Main switch plate:
it would be great to get one like PBR makes with cupholders as long as I can have a little bigger cup and a left lower hole sized for the joystick.

I've attached a few example pics I've found. Apologies for not linking or attributing to original owner.

Hoping someone that's been down this road could provide guidance or ideas I may be missing.

Thanks!

A5E11973 1430 4189 9276 E100058E3653 06F4E143 5237 4F48 B0F9 A414085579A6 215B5764 AF1C 43D2 97CD F266EFD3AD7D 056C2580 F398 44BE BE97 74DCBF910405

Reactions: WagginTail
advertisement
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the defrost vents mounted in the plate. I'm going with mostly toggle switches to allow room for accessories. As you can see from the picture I have not add many accessories yet but have room for several more toggle switches. Defrost works great of the windshield.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!