Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve Parallel Twin with 270° crank and Unicam
Engine Displacement 998cc
Bore x Stroke 92.0 x 75.1 mm
Clutch Wet, multi-plate with coil springs, aluminum cam assist and slipper clutch
Final Drive O-ring sealed chain
Gearbox/Transmission Type Constant mesh 6-speed manual / 6-speed DCT with on- and off-road riding modes
Honda Selectable Torque Control System (HSTC) HSTC 3-levels + switch-off (DCT/ABS model only, not on STD model)
Frame Type Steel semi-double cradle type with high-tensile strength steel rear sub-frame
Turning Radius 8’2″
Curb Weight 503 lb. (STD), 534 lb. (DCT/ABS)
Fuel Capacity 4.96 gallons
Length x Width x Height 91.9 x 34.4 x 58.1 inches (STD), 91.9 x 36.6 x 58.1 inches (DCT/ABS)
Wheelbase 62.0 inches
Seat Height (STD position / Low position) 34.3/33.5 inches
Ground Clearance 9.8 inches
ABS system type ABS 2-channel with rear ABS off switch (DCT/ABS model only, not on STD model)
Front Brakes 310mm dual wave floating hydraulic disc with aluminum hub and radial fit 4-piston calipers and sintered metal pads
Rear Brake 256mm wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads. Also Lever-Lock Type Parking Brake System on DCT/ABS model
Front Wheel Wire spoke with aluminum rim
Rear Wheel Wire spoke with aluminum rim
Front Rim Size 21M/C x MT2.15
Rear Rim Size 18M/C x MT4.00
Front Tire 90/90-R21 tube type
Rear Tire 150/70-R18 tube type

Reactions: JACKAL
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L MSRP / Price: $12,999

2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L DCT MSRP / Price: $13,699

2016 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L Colors: Red/Black/White Dakar Rally, Silver

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
It has been confirmed that there will not be a curse control option but I have heard that there is a possible foot shifter kit!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Foot Shift DCT Standard and Other Details...
938 honda africa twin news albums 2 stroke patents picture98 africatwin

Amid yesterdays news that Honda had released pricing for the 2016 CRF1000L Africa in North America was a quiet note that all DCT models would be equipped with a foot shift lever.

Honda has offered a foot shift lever with their DCT gearboxes in the past, albeit as an additional accessory.

Mechanically we are offered new details, the oil tank, oil pump and water pump are all incorporated into the engine. The battery is located near the engine, towards the bikes centre. Honda says this optimizes compactness and center of gravity. You will also be able to access the air filters without removing the fuel tank.

Compression and rebound are adjustable both front and rear, preload adjustable rear shock and massive amounts of suspension travel should keep things comfortable.

Honda also plans to offer a breadth of OEM accessories, including side cases, top boxes, heated grips, electrical sockets, a lower 32.3 inch seat option and likely a windscreen or two.

“The CRF1000L Africa Twin is one of the most exciting new products of the 2016 model year,” summarizes Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda. “No fewer than 32 patents have been applied for on this innovative model, and its specifications surpass the competition in several important areas. We know our customers have been hungry for a no-compromise, do-it-all adventure bike, and we’re confident that the Africa Twin fits the bill.”

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Comparisons by the SPECS:
AT20Comparison zpslva1ipyx

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I would say, "Yes, yes it is..." but as a woman, I'm really not sure that applies? LOL... I am really excited about this one as well.. I've already given the hubby permission to get one of these.....
U should talk to my wife then lol

Reactions: Alexa
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Its like this for us...I'm about to sell my motorcycle.... and give him all the money from it to purchase his ATwin... they will be coming out about two months before the baby is born, and he's gonna need to be able to get away... lol its the least I could do for him.

he gave me a baby, so I'm giving him a bike.. fair trade, right? :)

Last edited:
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I give her 3 babys she give me things with more seats hahahahah what goes around comes around i guess hahaha nah i cant be bad she got me my crf250l so we are both lucky guys :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!