Aftermarket Power Steering

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
After putting 125 miles on my pioneer I have found the steering to be very well designed and there's minimal bump steer. Having said that, it is obvious that the positive rear requires more steering effort especially on pavement. Bottom line is that any vehicle of this size will benefit from PS. In my opinion It should be standard equip but seems like all the SxS mfg's are keeping costs competitive by offering it without. I've said before on here I feel there's a very good chance honda will offer it on next years model. And since I have one without, I just emailed superatv asking if they will offer an EZ Steer kit for the Pioneer soon. Reading the reviews of customers who've installed this kit on other sxs's the reviews are all very positive. I'll post back their reply as soon as I get it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes, Hopefully sooner then later.
I would like PS also. But more for the wife then me.
Would love to see if you get a response.
Thanks.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Here's the response I received this morning:

Hello,
We do plan on making one, but do not have a kit yet in the works. We have not got our hands on a pioneer as of yet.

Thanks
Superatv
Jordan

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Pretty much the same response I was told from Warm Industries regarding their front bumper.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Are any accessories manufacturers offering any lines of products for Pioneer yet? I have installed the hard roof and the cheaper split windshield from Honda Signature and have a universal UTV stereo and speakers that my local Honda's parts manager found for me (haven't installed it yet). Power steering is something I might be interested in and I am not itching to buy any one product (except for some sound proofing in the cab since the roof and windshield install), but I'd love to see what good companies might come up with. There is plenty of room on the bench seat for a console and arm rest and I would love more 12V and USB power points. I would greatly appreciate any sites, stores, or catalogs anyone thinks might help.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Where do you plan on installing sound proofing? I have the hard roof and rear fabric panel but not a windshield yet. I found the roof added more noise but the rear fabric panel lessened the exhaust noise a bit. A windshield is prob next on my list.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Swamper said:
Where do you plan on installing sound proofing? I have the hard roof and rear fabric panel but not a windshield yet. I found the roof added more noise but the rear fabric panel lessened the exhaust noise a bit. A windshield is prob next on my list.
That is my problem...not sure how to approach the sound issue. But, the rear fabric panel idea sounds like a great place to start. Thanks Swamper.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I find on mine that the loudest component at 30ish mph where I normally cruise is the rear axle rack and pinion. Sounds like a gear mesh whine and it can be confused with tire whine. I thought it was the tires until I rode on soft ground at the same speeds.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
See Swamper, that is what concerns me. I thought mine was tire whine too. I have to figure out for sure where the noise is getting in if I am going to try and block it. Please tell me what differences you notice with your windshield, i put mine on at the same time as the roof so I dont know which is causing more of the noise. I wonder if it would be quieter with a fabric top? Every time I ride, it rains, so I'd rather have the noise and a dry place to sit than a quiet place to shiver. Maybe we will get lucky and figure out how to have both.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I don't yet have a windshield but I did ride it for a couple hrs before I installed the hard top. The top did indeed make it feel louder but I don't recall how much. The fabric rear panel definitely blocked some of the exhaust noise but I think the whine from the rear end is now more audible. I searched today for some sound dampening material and I may give it a try someday. I haven't studied the underside of the rear seats much but perhaps some could be added there. I noticed there's a fold of rubber on the front side of the passenger side bed that seems to be there to minimize dust to the intake. This may be an opportunity to add some rubber to the driver side as well. To me it seems like most of the noise is coming thru the bed. I thought about putting some type of temporary covering on the rack n pinion to prove whether or not this is the source of the whine but so far all I want to do is RIDE RIDE RIDE! Guess its not too bad after all haha. What irritates me most is rattles. I had a rattle in the rear door latches and I found it coming from the vertical slack between the latch and the U bar. I found that the U bar bracket is adjustable so I move it down to put a small amount of down force on the hinges. This just about eliminated it but I haven't been on a very rough road since then. Ok I'll stop babblin and go to bed.

advertisement
B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
I noticed some door rattles on my first ride, but my Big Red does that so bad and the Pioneer promised to fix it, so I was listening for that one kind of noise. I turned the rubber door stoppers a quarter turn or so counter clockwise and the rattles all went away. I do have to keep an eye on them and re- adjust from time to time. Also I had one fall off one day as I opened the rear door, but as soon as my lazy butt remembers to buy more locktite the problem will be solved.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I haven't noticed my doorstops moving yet but what I did yesterday didn't help the rear door rattle I think it's worse after a quick ride today. Oh well, it's just human nature to never be satisfied. I'll tinker with it another day. I'm already past due on the first maintenance. I have about 220 miles so far.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Swamper, I know exactly what you mean, it isn't fun if there isn't something to tweak or improve upon.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
So who lives in Madison, Indiana and can drop off their Pioneer to Superatv to getting this Power Steering Kit rollin'?? :) We need a donor!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!