P1000 Aftermarket Roof for 1000-5 W/extras from Probox

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
This is awesome! trying to find out if they will make one for a 3 seat model. Wonder if that is a marine grade head unit? Doesn't appear to be. Why would they not?

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really? It looks too short and your upper post stated it (package 2) will be out with in the month giving me the impression something was still coming down the pipe.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
How hard would it be to make a roof capable of this?
Elec windows

Reactions: Whiskey1 and Stauvo
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is awesome! trying to find out if they will make one for a 3 seat model. Wonder if that is a marine grade head unit? Doesn't appear to be. Why would they not?
You can read more about it on the probox website but there is a sealed door you shut and can pressure wash the whole thing. Didn't ask about 3 seat version but assume they would offer one

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
I would really just like a nice simple flat roof with lightly tapered edges. The Honda one is just so funky looking. Any news if one in development with any aftermarkets? Plasic/Aluminum I would consider all.
I have the factory hard top over the front seats on a P1K5. I too, thought funk, strange, over-done, and an oddity about the unit at first. But its growing on me now, and my attitude has changed. Scary..

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is good to hear as of all the P1000 5's my dealer has brought in I have seen none with the roof on yet to get a good visual feel.

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Here's an Amazon link to the head unit, nothing too impressive.

Amazon.com : JVC Digital Media Receiver (KD-X320BTS) : Electronics

I am totally interested. Like someone said, convenience tax for sure but with the accessories I'm looking at (including all the ones you guys brought up that I wasn't thinking about) my P1k package off the lot is mrsp $1600 already. Take $600 off the price of this roof for the factory hardtop, a few more bucks for lights and the mounts, throw in some cheap speakers and a stereo, not be stuck with the Star Trek styling of the factory top, I feel like you come out ahead. If Jackal wants to put together a group buy count me in. I'll pick my deluxe up stock, add this roof (after I learn how to build 12V systems for the dual battery/custom switch plate setup) change my wheels and I can call it quits for awhile.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
This thing looks pretty nice. I'm curious if it works with the factory hard doors and how much it might weigh. I don't mind adding some weight but adding a lot up that high might suck.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The weight was some concern for me too. Sounds like some aluminums skids may way around 60 lb. what would that to to body roll up high? I want my cake and eat ot too. Lol!

Reactions: CashMoney
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I didn't notice a roll diffence after putting my skids on that I think say shipping was 68 lbs but that weight is down as low as you can get it. Putting 60 lbs up top I would think would start getting pretty noticeable.

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes i think down low would enhance center of gravity. Up high maybe not........ I need to go to bead. Lol! Cheers!

Reactions: CashMoney
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I would love to see a video and photos of the Probox mounted and in action on a P1k5D if anyone has one or has a link they could post.

Reactions: Itsalljake
Only1PB

Only1PB

Apr 26, 2016
FL
I would love to see a video and photos of the Probox mounted and in action on a P1k5D if anyone has one or has a link they could post.

I agree, sure would be nice to see one mounted on a P1k5D