Air Filter Box and Cover for a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

May 26, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
I own a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-5, and I am need of the Air Filter Box (Honda Part #17230-HL4-A01)
and Air Filter Box Cover (Honda Part #17220-HL4-A01).

If anyone would have or know where I can buy these parts, new or used, please let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: Buggyman
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
provide pics of your ride first

provide pics of why you need this and pics of old airbox

ron ayers
partzilla
etc. have the oem parts

check prices if budget is a concern

May 26, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you for your response DRZRon1.

Pics attached of my sxs and the airbox with filter and without the airbox cover. The old airbox is still in my sxs, but is in need of replacement as the mounting base is cracked. I do not have the cover for the airbox as the mechanic who was working on it, threw it away, as the old cover had a snorkel attached to it which screwed up the cover. I bought the sxs several months ago, but was unaware of the problems with the airbox and cover.

I currently have an order with my local Honda dealer and also have had an order with Partzilla for over a month. I called Ron Ayers Motorsports, and they do not have the part and said it was a backordered item and they could not give a time estimation for delivery. I also called powersports.honda.com and spoke with an operator. She said I would have to call my local Honda shop and order the parts and would not elaborate how long it would take parts order to be received. A lot of help...lol

I have searched extensively for my parts with negative results and was reaching out to the Forum to see if anyone
had one for sale or knew of a dealership or salvage yard with a cover and airbox in stock. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 SXS 2 Airbox with filter

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
awesome - nice rig.....

backyard recommendation, for the base, not sure what it looks like, some body shops can plastic weld some of the black plastic, I've had it done when I put a 1/2" drill bit thru my rzr gas tank - never leaked. I was all panicked and my buddy who is a body guy said rip it out, I fix, he plastic welded it and life was good.

maybe someone on here has some parts from a wreck, etc. that can get ya outta a jamb- good luck.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you for your response DRZRon1.

Pics attached of my sxs and the airbox with filter and without the airbox cover. The old airbox is still in my sxs, but is in need of replacement as the mounting base is cracked. I do not have the cover for the airbox as the mechanic who was working on it, threw it away, as the old cover had a snorkel attached to it which screwed up the cover. I bought the sxs several months ago, but was unaware of the problems with the airbox and cover.

I currently have an order with my local Honda dealer and also have had an order with Partzilla for over a month. I called Ron Ayers Motorsports, and they do not have the part and said it was a backordered item and they could not give a time estimation for delivery. I also called powersports.honda.com and spoke with an operator. She said I would have to call my local Honda shop and order the parts and would not elaborate how long it would take parts order to be received. A lot of help...lol

I have searched extensively for my parts with negative results and was reaching out to the Forum to see if anyone
had one for sale or knew of a dealership or salvage yard with a cover and airbox in stock. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

View attachment 370480 View attachment 370481

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
H

HondaTech

May 26, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you for the response. I saw this on Ebay too and emailed the seller. The seller emailed me back and said it had to be ordered thru Honda and was back-ordered with no mention of delivery date.

May 26, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's just some dealer huckin parts on ebay.
View attachment 370503

Their description says give 3-12 days for delivery and parts may be on backorder.

These parts have been unavailable for awhile now.
Yes, even Partzilla and other drop-ship companies are doing the same thing. The good thing about Partzilla, is they tell you up front the delivery status when you order.
And, the other thing bad about Ebay, is they are pricing almost double than what Honda is pricing at the dealership.

M

MattShoe

Nov 11, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you ever get the sun assy case 17230-HL4-A01. My 2016 pioneer 1000 has been in the shop since Oct 4th 2023 still waiting for this part. Of course contacted Honda and talked to them and they talked to the dealer. Nothing has changed as of yet, going on 7 months.

• Wow
Reactions: JenElio and TripleB
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
dude - they forgot about you - that stuff is available on eBay

U r waiting for OEM new that has no promise date and dealer has to use

Good luck with Honda.

M

MattShoe

Nov 11, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
dude - they forgot about you - that stuff is available on eBay

U r waiting for OEM new that has no promise date and dealer has to use

Good luck with Honda.
I’ve found a few on eBay and ordered them. Only to be contacted by seller days later and refunded part already sold or is on back order. I stop by dealer every other week and talk to them. Apparently this part is a unicorn. Even though they are building new pioneers daily with this part on the assembly line.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!