P500 Air filter

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
How many miles do you riders usually get before you clean your air filter. I'm at 330 miles, checked it today it's still good to go. I get there are many variables in this, just thought it would be needing it by now.

Reactions: DG Rider
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
That will depend on your riding conditions and if you have a rear wind screen on the cab. If you have a rear windscreen it pushes more dust towards the air inlet. I replaced my filter for the first time at 1400 miles. I picked up a new one so that I can swap it out and then clean the old one and keep it on the shelf for next time.

Reactions: Fischer
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Like @NitroxDiver said it depends on riding conditions, I have had ride where i has to clean it after an 80 miles ride, other times if it's not dusty then it will go many many miles. A good thing to remember, you cannot clean them too much, these machines like there air.

Last edited:
ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Where I use mine there is dust fine enough to work its way through the seams in your shoes. During a busy summer it went 800 miles without changing. The interior of the filter was pristine but the outside was a mess. This is a Honda OEM filter and I use the Honda oil made by No-Toil.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Where I use mine there is dust fine enough to work its way through the seams in your shoes. During a busy summer it went 800 miles without changing. The interior of the filter was pristine but the outside was a mess. This is a Honda OEM filter and I use the Honda oil made by No-Toil.
What do you use to clean the no toil. I use maxima thinking of switching to notoil because I hear it's easier to clean.

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Wash your foam filter in dawn dishwashing detergent. Pat it dry. Then spray with Uni foam filter oil. Let dry then install

F

Fake_Engineer

May 23, 2020
maine
Ownership

1. 500
Our Honda dealer recommended dish soap over their cleaners. Said it worked as well and was cheaper. Seems to work well enough in my estimation.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!