P500 Air intake behind drive seat

scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
There is some plastic air intake behind the driver seat on my pioneer that when idling is vibrates and makes noise when idling. If I hold it down it stops. Anyone done anything to stop this? Very annoying.

scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
Capture

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Mine does the same thing, seems like the cap fits loose, could prob put a piece of foam or rubber to make it mount more secure. I will probably put a snorkle on at some point so havent been real worried about it yet.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Spray a little outdoor insulation foam behind it. It's black and uv rays don't affect it. my intake system is embedded in the stuff. It keeps the dust out and holds every thing in place.

Reactions: mrjeff42
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Spray a little outdoor insulation foam behind it. It's black and uv rays don't affect it. my intake system is embedded in the stuff. It keeps the dust out and holds every thing in place.
That was the worst place that Honda could've put the air filter inlet.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have not noticed mine rattling or making odd noises yet.

Reactions: p500fan
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I have not noticed mine rattling or making odd noises yet.
Me neither. In fact, I have thought that everything was very well fitted on mine. Maybe Honda "tweaked" a few items over the course of production. The idea of a snorkel intrigues me, but I hope to never need one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!