P500 Battery Operated Tire Air Compressor

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I am thinking of getting one of those Battety Operated Air Compressors in case of a flat tire out in the Boonies in my P 500. Anyone have any experience with them ? Think it may be better then carrying a spare tire, jack and tools to remove and replace tire. Please let me know your thoughts.
Still need rear rack, front and rear windshield and winch. I have the Choog glove box coming tomorrow. In case anyone wants one, he is no longer going to build them. Only 19 left in stock as of yesterday.
Thanks
Loving my 2023 - P500 in Black Forest Green. Awesome color. Just beautiful.
Ken in Oregon

IMG 20230605 122849144 HDR

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
At the indirect recommendation of @Hondasxs (and after using his earlier this year), I went with the ViAir 88P. It's a little pricey and a little heavier than the cheapy 12V portables, but I was told they used it to set a tire bead. That's my kind of portable 12V compressor.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks for all the help.
When using the ViAir88P how fo you clip to battery. It's in that enclosed battery box.
I was eyeballing the Cycplus A8 and another the AirMoto. Both run on a rechargeable battery. Just not sure.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks for all the help.
When using the ViAir88P how fo you clip to battery. It's in that enclosed battery box.
I was eyeballing the Cycplus A8 and another the AirMoto. Both run on a rechargeable battery. Just not sure.
On a 500 or Talon it would be a little difficult I assume.
You could connect to the winch solenoid.

The M12 amd M18 pump seems to be a great choice as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a ryobi 18v cordless that I carry with me in a water bag along with the ryobi 18v psi washer to clean out the radiator.

In my experience, the cordless stuff works but it will never give you an oompf of air to pop a bead on the wheel if needed. However I carry brake cleaner and a lighter for that.

If you are looking for a flat repair relief I would recommend the slime compressor. It is compact, plugs into cigarette lighter so you never worry about remembering to charge it, and it comes with a bottle of slime sealant.

We carry the slime compressor in our 4 wheeler backpack along with many other flat repair items.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I use a ryobi 18v cordless that I carry with me in a water bag along with the ryobi 18v psi washer to clean out the radiator.

In my experience, the cordless stuff works but it will never give you an oompf of air to pop a bead on the wheel if needed. However I carry brake cleaner and a lighter for that.

If you are looking for a flat repair relief I would recommend the slime compressor. It is compact, plugs into cigarette lighter so you never worry about remembering to charge it, and it comes with a bottle of slime sealant.

We carry the slime compressor in our 4 wheeler backpack along with many other flat repair items.

and Boom goes the dynamite . . . spot on, I'd say

👍 👍

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Viair 400P-A that I use to carry in my Jeep. Draws 30 amps and is a bit of overkill for UTV use
Viair has a number of high output compressors that plug into a cigarette lighter with lower amp draw that would be better suited

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Garlicfarmer
IMG 6460
Best battery operated compressor ever. The M18
The M12 might be fine for just the P5 but this will do everything you have and then some

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Garlicfarmer Best battery operated compressor ever. The M18
The M12 might be fine for just the P5 but this will do everything you have and then some
How big of a tire can you inflate with that without having to use an aftermarket battery? @JenElio , do you know? 😆

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The Viair 10000 Onboard Air System is designed to work with air horns and lockers and would take up a lot of valuable space, IMHO.

The ViAir 88P I recommended is half the weight, a third of the size, more PSI, half the price, and far less complicated. And you don't have to carry it around when you don't need it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!