P500 Battery Junction Box

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Well I'm slowly getting Stuff added to my 2023 P500.
Got a nice rear rack, my Honda factory roof, Glove Box, Phone Holder, and Superwinch Terra 3500Sr installed.
Now that I have12 volt cables from the battery ran up front under the hood for the winch I am thinking of running those to a junction box for ease of ?? Jumping a dead battery or adding other 12 volt things.
Any advise or had anyone done this ?
Getting to a dead battery in that battery box to jump start the P500 out in the middle of the world is not easy.
Be nice just to open the front hood and attach jumpers to the junction box.
Ken in Oregon

IMG 20230526 125256358 HDR

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
My method for the same need was mounting these terminal posts under the hood. Provides a clamp point for a jump start as well as a source for the winch and other accessories or fuse block. I did add a 300 amp waterproof switched breaker on the new cables, close to the battery box exit on the frame behind the passenger seat.
Some Amazon examples.

IMG 4039 IMG 4040

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!