P1000m5 AKTMW 1000-5 Build

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Figured I'd start a build thread, to help myself keep track of all the money going into the machine.

Finished up the Pro Armor bluetooth speaker install, Highlifter 2.5" bracket lift, Front Bumper, and Hard Mid Panel this week. Previous accessories include a custom rear swingout bumper with spare tire and Rotopax, and full trailarmor skids.

With the Trail Armor full skids installed, it looks like a 28" tire is about all I can do without rubbing, unless I trim the skids. I have the Highlifter front A-arms sitting here in the box, and 30s on order.
Still need to order the Highlifter snorkel kit, and rear A-arms when they come out.

I might take my A-Arm guards to a local shop to see if they can heat/form them to the new arched A-arms.

Had rear soft panels on, but the brackets Honda supplied didn't work with the hard mid panel installed, so those are off for now, until Honda comes out with proper brackets.

IMG 1384 IMG 1386 IMG 1388 IMG 1391

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
She's sitting tall and proud! Looks good Try not to look at the money. Use this post to keep and share the memories:)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
She's sitting tall and proud! Looks good Try not to look at the money. Use this post to keep and share the memories:)
Sound advice right there. Throw those receipts away as soon as possible lol. Besides, it's just money right? Build is looking great by the way. Keep posting pics of your progress. We love us some pics

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to installing the Highlifter arched A-arms on the Pioneer. Install went pretty good, only issue I ran into was some interference with grease zerks on lower arms. Guess they missed this on some of the early arms they sold. Got it fix by using a smaller straight fitting rather than the 90 it came with. 30" EVO's are at the shop getting swapped over now, so should get some pics up soon with the new tires on.

I am also working on modifying the Trail Armor A-arm guards, to fit these arched arms. I plan to buy some longer bolts/mounting brackets, heat up the bend are with heat gun, and suck them up into the arched arm. Hopefully they form to the arm somewhat after they cool. We will see how that goes. I'll get some pics up if it doesn't look too redneck :)

Arched a arm guards Honda on Jacks

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finished up the Trail Armor A-Arm guard install on Highlifter Arched A-arms. Install went well. Used a heat gun and all thread to suck the A-arm guards to conform to the arched arms. Drilled a new mounting hole close to the bend point, and made a couple new brackets as the old ones that came with the Trail Armor kit would not quite clear the axle. Used 1/8" steel plate and bent it to form brackets.

With the A-Arm project complete, I was able to put the 30" Blackwater EVO's on the machine. No rubbing now, even when flexed out.

I did notice that the front end ground clearance is about 1" less than the rear. It could be that the skid, hard doors, bumper, winch, 2nd battery, etc (additional weight) is more than the stock front shocks can handle. On the last ride, I was bottoming out the front end on damn near every bump. I am thinking some front Walker Evans shocks are on the Christmas list!

IMG 2817 IMG 2799 IMG 2803 IMG 2816 IMG 2813

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
Question. Can those doors be removed pretty easily and the factory doors be put back on for summer time use? How well do these doors seal? I have soft front and rear doors and rear panel. Rear doors and rear panel are a pain to me since i have to roll them down every time i tow. Im thinking about removing the rear doors and rear soft panel and buying the hard mid panel. I have the full glass windshield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
Also, why do you have the rear soft panel and the hard mid panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question. Can those doors be removed pretty easily and the factory doors be put back on for summer time use? How well do these doors seal? I have soft front and rear doors and rear panel. Rear doors and rear panel are a pain to me since i have to roll them down every time i tow. Im thinking about removing the rear doors and rear soft panel and buying the hard mid panel. I have the full glass windshield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be hard to pull the hard doors off. I haven't tried yet, but it doesn't look difficult. With the hard doors, hard mid panel, and windshield, the dust hasn't been that bad. Worst part has been the steam that comes up from under the seat, and through the shifters. The doors seal fairly well. There is a gap at the bottom where the doors flex a little and let dust in, but not bad. For what the hard doors cost, and for all the high dollar Honda accessories for that matter, they feel a little cheap. For the price of a small car, I was a little shocked at the fit and finish. I like the mid panel, it really helped cut down on dust. Now I can hope in the machine and head out in my pajamas with coffee, no matter what the weather is doing!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, why do you have the rear soft panel and the hard mid panel?

Originally I had the soft rear panel, and soft gull wing style rear panels. When I added the hard mid panel, the brackets for the soft rear panels no longer functioned properly. They were supposed to mount through slots in the hard mid panel, but Honda did not design the brackets properly. I still have $500 worth of accessories sitting in the shop. It is like someone designed these accessories on a computer (rushing to get them out with the release of the machine in 2016), but didn't pay much attention to the smaller details. Honda is still working on brackets.......I hope.....Honda customer service has certainly been lacking with regards to issues I have found on my Pioneer 1000. They surely don't check back with you, you gotta call them, and remind them of the situation. Apparently, Honda still hasn't figured out the new bracket for my rear panels. I'll call and bug them again. You would think they would be more interested in their product deficiencies, but they surely don't act like they want to learn/improve their products.

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
I just took my rear soft gullwing doors and rear soft panel off this weekend. I will be adding a mid hard panel this week.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!