P1000 Alpine Arizona

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Guys, Has anyone done any riding in the Alpine area? Looking for general information and ride suggestions. We are heading there May 15th for a week of riding and maybe a little fishing! 😃

Reactions: Biteme and Isaiah
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All kinds of nice roads up there. I generally camp on the east fork of the Black River, a little NE of Buffalo Crossing. From there you can ride in any direction. Lots of evidence of the 2011 Wallow Fire, but it won't slow you down much with the exception of a couple areas. A ride out to Big Lake is always in order. I had planned to be out there that same weekend, but the schedule is a mess and I'm not sure we'll make it this year. I'll let you know if we do manage to make the trip.

Reactions: Redmoon and Biteme
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All kinds of nice roads up there. I generally camp on the east fork of the Black River, a little NE of Buffalo Crossing. From there you can ride in any direction. Lots of evidence of the 2011 Wallow Fire, but it won't slow you down much with the exception of a couple areas. A ride out to Big Lake is always in order. I had planned to be out there that same weekend, but the schedule is a mess and I'm not sure we'll make it this year. I'll let you know if we do manage to make the trip.

I'm just curious if there are any restrictions or permits required since that is on a tribal nation?

Reactions: Redmoon
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

AZ if you can make let me know. We will be staying at one of the RV camp grounds in town. I'LL have a cold one for you

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just curious if there are any restrictions or permits required since that is on a tribal nation?

Just received a Forest Service map of that area today and have not had time to look it over. But Ido not believe that area is tribal. Even if it is the roads should be open for travel. The gal at Alpine ranger made no mention of tribal or permits being nessary in order to ride the area.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The White Mountain Apache Tribe reservation is to the west of the area I described--about 8 miles west of Buffalo Crossing. You would need a permit from the tribe for access to their back roads. We always just stick to the Apache-Sitgreaves Nat'l Forest where there is plenty to explore.

Alpine AZ Area

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!