P1000 FIRES IN ARIZONA

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have 2 fires in Arizona one is at 7500 acres(Bartlett Lake) and the other is the superstition mountains. Both are areas we all ride. They are saying human started. Its sad the one they said is ATV's or guns. Makes me sad. It's unfortunate that these are happening. ThidOIF1EbSHNaalxvZe9JOVyd0Xgw239h160c7o5pid1

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was out on Hewitt station road scouting for riding on Memorial day. I stopped at the start of the Montana mtn loop, and there was a camp fire still smoldering and nobody around. I got some water from the wash and dumped on it.

People are just stupid. Stupid and careless, with no sense of responsibility. Every time I go to a "shooting" area, it looks like a garbage dump. It's little wonder more places don't get shut down.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was out on Hewitt station road scouting for riding on Memorial day. I stopped at the start of the Montana mtn loop, and there was a camp fire still smoldering and nobody around. I got some water from the wash and dumped on it.

People are just stupid. Stupid and careless, with no sense of responsibility. Every time I go to a "shooting" area, it looks like a garbage dump. It's little wonder more places don't get shut down.
I agree we have friends that we will not go with because of garbage. we believe what you take in take out. so I have taken theirs out and finally told them pick that up

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
People out riding always take the blame but often times it is well deserved. I hate when people litter up a place to ride. In my area it's usually teens and twenty somethings that cause the problem
Certainly, some riding yahoos throw beer cans down and leave trash at camp sites, but the "shooting" areas are disasters. Old TV's and propane bottles, etc. Not to mention casings by the thousands. Going out of town and targeting is a huge thing here, since all you really got to do is find a wash (public/state trust land). On a nice weekend, it sounds like a war has broken out.
I own guns, and occasionally go out and shoot myself, but I'm an adult. Momma don't got to pick up after me.

And the local ranchers/farmers...esp the older ones...they dump a lot of s*** too.

I guess what I'm saying is the OHV's are probably the least responsible for it in these parts, but we usually get blamed for it, as you said.

D

DDDonkey

I was camping just North of Happy Jack this weekend and we saw some fires (or smoke from them) on the drive home. At one point ADOT closed the road and you had to follow them for 10 miles or so on the 87 so people would drive slow past the fire fighters walking to roads.

We always take out more trash than we bring in, my kids and I walk the area when we leave. This time I brought home a couple bags of trash that weren't ours.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Certainly, some riding yahoos throw beer cans down and leave trash at camp sites, but the "shooting" areas are disasters. Old TV's and propane bottles, etc. Not to mention casings by the thousands. Going out of town and targeting is a huge thing here, since all you really got to do is find a wash (public/state trust land). On a nice weekend, it sounds like a war has broken out.
I own guns, and occasionally go out and shoot myself, but I'm an adult. Momma don't got to pick up after me.

And the local ranchers/farmers...esp the older ones...they dump a lot of s*** too.

I guess what I'm saying is the OHV's are probably the least responsible for it in these parts, but we usually get blamed for it, as you said.
When I target practice I put down a tarp for the casings to eject on, Im lazy!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!