P1000 Intermittent stuck in 1st

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's exactly what we needed. The 52 code is for the neutral safety switch which I believe is on the right side of the motor. I had a guy call me once and said he had the same code. After doing some researching on the forum we found that a mouse had chewed through the blue wire (they always like the blue wire). I also know if that there was a few people that just had trouble with the switch and needed to have it replaced. If you do a search for "Code 52" above you will find quite a few threads on it. Anything "Hondatech" says is the gospel so take his advice on anything, but my friends was a chewed wire.

Attachments

• 52 Code.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • Neutral Switch.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@blackbirdls1 Hope you can get it figured out from the info above. On a side note if you get any useful info here you might want to consider a Lifetime Membership. As a member you can view and download the Factory Service Manual which pays for itself. Good luck on finding the issue.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You might be right. He never led me astray on issues but I guess his handle was Hondatech and not Hondagod.
I was just being an ass, the man sure knew his Hondas that's for sure. Always quick to help someone on the site and like many I've benefited from his knowledge a few times myself. Really don't know what got into him towards the end there though but hey 🤷‍♂️.......it is what it is.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No ass involved. I actually kind of ruffled his feathers on this very issue a couple years ago when the friend of mine had his trouble. Someone else came up with the same code and hondatech said it was in need of a new neutral switch as he had to change a few. I brought up that my friend and others had the wire chewed on so it might be something along those lines. I don't think he liked my comment as he said to change the switch and I just wanted to say that there could be another possibility. Either way hopefully the OP of this post can figure out what is wrong, and hopefully Sticks Around the forum when he realizes a bunch of us good guys can help him out.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just being an ass, the man sure knew his Hondas that's for sure. Always quick to help someone on the site and like many I've benefited from his knowledge a few times myself. Really don't know what got into him towards the end there though but hey 🤷‍♂️.......it is what it is.
So do we know why he left the forum? I really appreciated his contributions

Reactions: JenElio
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same problem, ordered a new "switch*", then found the real problem was just a loose connection to the switch.

The connection is a small version of the old style spark plug connector. All you have to do to fix it is bend the connector sides inward with a pair of pliers to tighten it up.

* Note that this switch is really not a switch at all, in that there are no contacts inside as would be the case with a normal switch. It's a spring loaded probe used to sense the position of a "cut out" to indicate neutral by switching ground.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!