P1000 Intermittent stuck in 1st

B

blackbirdls1

Mar 3, 2024
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a 2020 pioneer less than 1k miles. It sometimes will go into what seems a limp mode. This happened out of nowhere. The gears will shift from park to reverse etc, but it will sometimes will only stay in 1st. Any ideas?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have a 2020 pioneer less than 1k miles. It sometimes will go into what seems a limp mode. This happened out of nowhere. The gears will shift from park to reverse etc, but it will sometimes will only stay in 1st. Any ideas?
Just joined, welcome from South Florida 🤘

Make a intro thread when you get a chance and post some pics of your buggy.

.......just to rule it out, could it be the seat belt safety switch deal? That'll only allow you to be in 1st gear I believe

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan!

Like stated above, pics of machine required or….PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

With the 1k miles, how much is ripping on trail, Ideling or putsing around?
If most of it is the ladder, change your spark plugs. They will foul quickly that way and when u go to put it in gear, voltage and such matters fo sho… but if u have a fouled plug it will do what your describing as well. Your also on yr 4 of your stock battery. Do a Load test with a LOAD TESTER not a meeter on that battery. Simple things first, work smarter not harder.

Reactions: JenElio and EMAW
B

blackbirdls1

Mar 3, 2024
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan!

Like stated above, pics of machine required or….PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

With the 1k miles, how much is ripping on trail, Ideling or putsing around?
If most of it is the ladder, change your spark plugs. They will foul quickly that way and when u go to put it in gear, voltage and such matters fo sho… but if u have a fouled plug it will do what your describing as well. Your also on yr 4 of your stock battery. Do a Load test with a LOAD TESTER not a meeter on that battery. Simple things first, work smarter not harder.
I’ll take some. It doesn’t see mud or trails. It’s just a machine that works around the property.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe check your grounds also, seems to be somewhat of an issue with the electrical system ....

Reactions: JenElio
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the gear indicator is stuck in 1st and it is flashing the 1. Count the series of long and short pulses and that will tell us what code your machine is throwing.

B

blackbirdls1

Mar 3, 2024
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe check your grounds also, seems to be somewhat of an issue with the electrical system ....
Yeah I checked some wires. Seem solid. How many grounds exist?
If the gear indicator is stuck in 1st and it is flashing the 1. Count the series of long and short pulses and that will tell us what code your machine is throwing.
yeah it did that but after running it a bit. I’ll try to replicate

B

blackbirdls1

Mar 3, 2024
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pic of her
IMG 1314

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I believe there are three (3) main grounds to the engine, I also believe there's a location diagram floating around .............maybe try the search bar for that one ......

Reactions: Remington
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

yeah it did that but after running it a bit. I’ll try to replicate
If the number "1" was flashing it is telling you a code and where maybe to start looking. If it does it again count the long and short flashes or even take a video of it. We can then check the service manual to see where to start.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Other than the tires that thing looks brand new! Welcome from Tampa, Hopefully you get it straightened out.

B

blackbirdls1

Mar 3, 2024
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the number "1" was flashing it is telling you a code and where maybe to start looking. If it does it again count the long and short flashes or even take a video of it. We can then check the service manual to see where to start.
It just did it. Seems like long flashes and 2 short flashes at the end.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It just did it. Seems like long flashes and 2 short flashes at the end.
How many long flashes?
The amount of long flashes followed by the amount of short flashes = the code

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!