P1000 Transmission stuck in high.

Penrod

Penrod

Mar 3, 2018
Sanderson, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all. My brother has a pioneer 1000 that will not shift out of high gear. I initially thought it was shift lever adjustment related so I removed the shift lever at the shifter under the seat and tried to manually move the shift that way. It’s locked up tight and won’t budge. Sxs starts right up and runs like a raped ape but will not shift into park neutral reverse or low range. I’ve read about a shift pin that breaks or shears and causes a similar problem. Anyone ever had to make this repair before and how big of a job is it?

• Sad
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
u take cable off at transfer case and try to move it there?

Reactions: Smitty335
Penrod

Penrod

Mar 3, 2018
Sanderson, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s a 2020 deluxe 3 seater.

I did remove the shift linkage under the seat and pried on the shift lever with channel locks and it felt like something was going to break before it moved. It’s my brothers pioneer but I believe the mileage is around 1500 miles.

Reactions: Smitty335
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Just out of curiousity did you check the oil level, Also any water in the sub trans.?? Hopefully not water and rusted up stuff ??

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!