P1000 transmission

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey yall just, checking in letting everyone know that tried to help me out, I replaced the clutches an same issue as before, will not allow a relearn an can manually still put shift motor into 3rd gear an run it flawlessly thay way, maybe one of the eop sensors? Still.lookong for answers thanks
Buy a Yamaha.

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Roborlilw

Roborlilw

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Tucson,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I had a cheap pair of LED cube lights that I connected to the Backup beeper connector for backup lights and my 16' would go into Limp mode, usually when I was out in the sticks. No gear displayed on the display and wouldn't shift gears. Beeper uses ground to trigger it and when I disconnected the lights all was back to normal. Of course after buying a new ECU and gear position switch. The ECU didn't know what gear the Trans was in and went into limp mode.
Just a thought.
The wiring schematic really helped in troubleshooting it.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey yall just, checking in letting everyone know that tried to help me out, I replaced the clutches an same issue as before, will not allow a relearn an can manually still put shift motor into 3rd gear an run it flawlessly thay way, maybe one of the eop sensors? Still.lookong for answers thanks
hey - well this sucks - do you know if the old clutch pack(s) looked burnt - post pics if you can

the smart Honda tech on here is always adamant if the clutches were bad about cleaning cleaning cleaning the oil pans\etc. and its possible some of the sensors\shift solenoids get contaminated with clutch debris

but first need to understand were the original clutch packs bad or not... :).

Reactions: Remington