P1000 transmission

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey all, I recently purchased a 2016 1000-5 i bought it for fair price being it had an issue, the issue i have yet to resolve, its runs great an will shift into gears but will not move, have put a OEM shift motor on an new shift angle spindle sensor, ohm, volt, continuity checked the harness as the book calls for, have checked for engine code with paperclip as the book calls out and no codes show, so im think its internal but any help is appreciated, thank you
If it goes into 1st gear and no movement - the one item is the clutches need to be checked
It does move in 2nd gear with emergency valve engaged
hi - so if you manually shift it into second- you can drive it down the road and all is good?

if you are in 1st or 3rd - does it just rev up?

or if you manually shift it and lift it up - the wheels turn very slowly - in what gear?

as posted above - there are 2 clutch packs in the beast - generally 1/3/5/R goes first if it is the clutch pack

I cant keep up and am very binary, its either yes or no - lol

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
thanks, now only if i can get the darn thing to shift though the gears
Did u confirm If that update was done by the previous owner?

S

s_hammond

Aug 13, 2024
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it goes into 1st gear and no movement - the one item is the clutches need to be checked

hi - so if you manually shift it into second- you can drive it down the road and all is good?

if you are in 1st or 3rd - does it just rev up?

or if you manually shift it and lift it up - the wheels turn very slowly - in what gear?

as posted above - there are 2 clutch packs in the beast - generally 1/3/5/R goes first if it is the clutch pack

I cant keep up and am very binary, its either yes or no - lol
i believe it does try to go into first gear, you can feel the clunk when you put in reverse/high/low as though it goes into gear, i can manually put shift motor into 3rd gear an emergency valve into 2nd gear, yes it will run down the road just fine with these two procedures done to it.
an yes i have lifted it up with forklift an when put into reverse/high/low, the wheels will spin very very slow as it knows its in gear, but when i apply throttle it does not change, it will not relearn the clutches, but also does not indicate an issue with trans (fast blinking), stays steady 2 second blinks (-)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did not, had a busy evening after work, What exactly is the issue with the "clutch cover"?
Its not an issue with the clutch cover lol
The cover (see pic) will indicate if your pervious owner had the “campaign” not a recall,clutch update done. It was a big issue with 16-17’s for what your issue is describing. if he did not have it done, well……most likely smoked clutches.
I will refer u again to my post with the identification pic.
You can use the search up top to read all the many of threads on the topic. We encourage folks to do so. Most everything on these rigs has been discussed in great detail.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@s_hammond here ya go! Read all about it!
Let us know if its done on yours.

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all, I recently purchased a 2016 1000-5 i bought it for fair price being it had an issue, the issue i have yet to resolve, its runs great an will shift into gears but will not move, have put a OEM shift motor on an new shift angle spindle sensor, ohm, volt, continuity checked the harness as the book calls for, have checked for engine code with paperclip as the book calls out and no codes show, so im think its internal but any help is appreciated, thank you
So how much did you buy this for?

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
assuming your trying to be funny?
He left the fun and drives a rubber band rig.
Yes hes trying to be funny. Dont get butthurt over it, its just humor

Reactions: CID
S

s_hammond

Aug 13, 2024
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T
7k isn't too bad. If you weren't on the other side of PA, I'd tell you to drop it off at my place.
7k isn't too bad. If you weren't on the other side of PA, I'd tell you to drop it off at my place.
To fix or take off my hands, just kidding I really wanted one, figured try to save few bucks an grab one with an issue, so just to figure it out an hopefully have no more than 1-2k more into it

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T

To fix or take off my hands, just kidding I really wanted one, figured try to save few bucks an grab one with an issue, so just to figure it out an hopefully have no more than 1-2k more into it
To fix, I already own a 16, Wife wants a talon before I buy another P1K.

• Love
Reactions: Remington and CID
S

s_hammond

Aug 13, 2024
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To fix, I already own a 16, Wife wants a talon before I buy another P1K.
O ok right on, I gotta figure out if this machine had that update hopefully tommrow after work, between work an kids football practice freaking busy

Reactions: Remington
advertisement