Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5 seater?
2 things, make sure the buckle from the nets isn't holding it down. Other thing is make sure the seat rests are all the way down. They actuate a little lock release.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
5 seater?
2 things, make sure the buckle from the nets isn't holding it down. Other thing is make sure the seat rests are all the way down. They actuate a little lock release.
This ^^^^, the rear doors are what hold the seats down, I had to adjust the doors on my neighbors P1K5 for the same reason.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When you say a "little" do you mean like Just a inch or so? Like it will pop. But stop immediately?

It's common for the seat safety latches in the middle to stay latched. They loose the plastic spacer and causes them to not unlock.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes its a five seater 2021 year and the seats are all the way down will lock in in place but only raise just a bit.....
When you say a "little" do you mean like Just a inch or so? Like it will pop. But stop immediately?

It's common for the seat safety latches in the middle to stay latched. They loose the plastic spacer and causes them to not unlock.

that seems to be what must be happening how do I get to that area I can hear and feel when the bed raises a couple inches bang it stops.... Anyway to disengage that so it fully lifts and allow me replacement of it?

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5

that seems to be what must be happening how do I get to that area I can hear and feel when the bed raises a couple inches bang it stops.... Anyway to disengage that so it fully lifts and allow me replacement of it?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Pop the bed. Like you have.
Open the door and raise both seats.
Take something and depress the latch.
Pic where it's located. I don't have a pic of the little arm. But it's there under the seat back.

There is usually a plastic piece on the little arm. It gets lost.
Most likley your issue. Find some small PVC pipe as a replacement. Glue it on.
Ad532165eb491814828f7e6e91db8282

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pop the bed. Like you have.
Open the door and raise both seats.
Take something and depress the latch.
Pic where it's located. I don't have a pic of the little arm. But it's there under the seat back.

There is usually a plastic piece on the little arm. It gets lost.
Most likley your issue. Find some small PVC pipe as a replacement. Glue it on.
View attachment 408548

I'll give it a shot I messed with that

B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the responses very helpful. Got to the little Teflon cover and ended ordering two from local Honda dealer.
Here’s the part number if interested in ordering

Part
Price
Qty
Buy

CAP, DUMP LOCK

81542-HL3-A00
$2.79

where used

SEARCH BY PART NUMBER:

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One other thing that might happen to someone as it has happened to my father in law. He called me one day and said his bed wouldn't dump. After doing a little questioning over the phone, he hadn't folded the rear back lumbar support up. With it left down it hit the seat bottom and it wouldn't allow the seats to fold enough. It looked like the seat was all the way down, but was not allowing it to go down all the way to release the catches. Just a fyi in case someone has a similar situation.

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
D

ddw

Nov 22, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had that issue and found the passenger seat belt was wrapped around the lift bar on that side. How, I have no idea. Moved it and no issues since.

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wellllll, I thought I had this figured out but alas it still will not get past the secondary catches even after I replaced the teflon Dump Lock (Hondas name for the part #81542-HL3-A00).
The only way I get the Dump Lock to release is to use the rubber end of my hammer pop or depress down one side of the catch then the other with both rear doors open and myself up inside the bed.

• Wow
Reactions: Coeus and ChadD
B

boOkerT

Apr 20, 2021
Bellingham, Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rig's been sitt'n in the garage for a bit so I haven't gotten back to trying to figure out why the bed won't lift. Got to thinking back a couple months when the last time I road off-road with lots of washboard riding. I had both dogs in the back bed and was sort just putting around when I heard a fairly loud POP. I came to a stop and visually inspected just by looking under it and saw nothing of note. Rode it for the another couple days and then returned home. Any ideas on what that pop might of been is there another spring or such that would cause that noise?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!