Hole in the seat material

nitrotmann

nitrotmann

Jan 18, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Didn't see any topics when I searched on patching one of the Honda Pioneer Seats. My stupid self set my heat gun down on the rear seat and burned about a one inch little spot in the seat. Wondering what folks are using to patch that seat material?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't see any topics when I searched on patching one of the Honda Pioneer Seats. My stupid self set my heat gun down on the rear seat and burned about a one inch little spot in the seat. Wondering what folks are using to patch that seat material?

Thanks

Everyone I’ve seen talk about a seat tear on here replaced the seat or put a cover on the seat until it got wet and then replaced the seat when they couldn’t get it dry. I don’t recall seeing anyone attempt a patch.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Thanks

duct tape - if u use red - +3HP

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Everyone I’ve seen talk about a seat tear on here replaced the seat or put a cover on the seat until it got wet and then replaced the seat when they couldn’t get it dry. I don’t recall seeing anyone attempt a patch.
HEY!!!! Iz yore avatar a WHITE Talon?
giggle.gif

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might try a two step fix. Put masking tape around the hole and maybe 1/4 inch from the hole edge. Use some 3M black weatherstrip seal/adhesive, lift the area around the hole to squirt some of this stuff in there. Next push in a piece of plastic screen material and get it flat and even-make sure the 3M glue is both over and under screen material. Coat over and even out the hole with the 3M stuff and allow to dry.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!