Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trigger send me link to order correct shield for 2024 pioneer 1000/5
Please
All the P1K5’s and 3’s will fit perfectly. There isn’t a difference between the models for any year (so far) in terms of the QuickShield fitting.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and -Bear-
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered thanks for all the advise
@tbounds02 - what they said 👆

I also bought a roll of adhesive firewall/reflective mat. It's the stuff people often use for vehicle acoustics, a bit like Dynamat, but much cheaper and watch the temperature range. Make sure it can take the heat of an engine compartment.

I opened everything up to get behind the angle/back part of the seat, washed everything with a degreaser, and stuck two layers of the stuff over that back angled section that otherwise lets the engine heat bake your crack. (Can I say that on the air?). The stuff isn't that expensive and you can cut and paste sections as you like.

It helped a lot, including for my dog that has to really tuck into the middle seat to be comfortable.

Also, here's a link to one of the prior discussions of the bilge v. radiator fan discussion.

Mine is a 2021 P1K5. I first installed a 4" bilge fan (put it back in the box), but then went with a generic, reversible Amazon, 7" radiator fan hung from a bar under the seat. I like the heat in the winter, but ride in southern Utah and want to blow the engine heat out of the back most of the time.

I have a reversible in/out blower switch. I don't have an enclosed cab, so I think I'm good with carbon monoxide:

The photo below is from the passenger side, and the OEM black rubber underseat cover is folded to the left.
My 7" radiator fan is hung below the seat on the flat metal bar upper right in the photo.
The fan came with vibration isolating springs, so I used them (shown). It knocks down the interior noise.
The slight angle towards passenger rear turns the air flow across the headers and out of the back.

View

Best.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so it’s not glued down? And by laying it over this the seat will still latch on top of it ?

View attachment 422505 View attachment 422506
If you want to add an under seat fan you will need to trim the deeper part of the centre under seat storage tray. Because the sides are tapered you can simply cut around the bottom about 1/2" up from the bottom and drop it back in from the top. A little black RTV and its as good as new. I also covered the bottom of this with Dynamat Extreme and Dynamat Hood Liner to help with noise and heat reduction
IMG 8879
IMG 8880
IMG 8881

Reactions: StewB
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just buy it…!!!

Reactions: trigger
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You could just wear a diaper.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
IMG 0454

IMG 0453

Installed an 8” fan from Amazon. Very quiet fan.

Caution ! On the 22 and newer models with the plastic trays under the seat. Any mounting bracket you make needs to be spaced 1” down from the black brace bar.

Needed for clearance on the plastic trays. Of course this would depend on how you are mounting it.

Last edited:
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 422550

View attachment 422551

Installed an 8” fan from Amazon. Very quiet fan.

Caution ! On the 22 and newer models with the plastic trays under the seat. Any mounting bracket you make needs to be spaced 1” down from the black brace bar.

Needed for clearance on the plastic trays. Of course this would depend on how you are mounting it.
That’s a slick mount!

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see you’ve already ordered the Quickshield. 👍 It definitely helps and is worth the money. I still keep a windbreaker rolled up behind my back in the summer to help a bit more and can then wear it if the weather gets chilly.

I had a little trouble finding photos of it installed and therefore had some of the same questions as you. Which is why I made this thread to show how it installs.

Once you see how it sits over top of the plastic it all makes more sense.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!