P1000 ecm tunes for heat

T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I have a 2024 pioneer 1000/5 , it is extremely hot from seat bottom and back area , my friend who has same sxs but 2022 had a tune done on his and it reduced the heating issue to the point he doesn't notice it anymore.
I have looked at buying the Quick Shield to insulate the area above and below seat bottom , vs the a tune not sure which one would be the best .
I also don't really care about more speed or performance ,but would like to have less heat in cabin as well as softer down shifting from 3-2 and 2-1 it is quite harsh sometimes.
What would be your advise and if a tune , what is good simple tune to accomplish this .

T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
no i have a flip up windshield and so does he . what is the quick shield made out of and what is involved in installing shield.

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
no i have a flip up windshield and so does he . what is the quick shield made out of and what is involved in installing shield.
Rubber. Taking the seat and seat back off and I think 1 of the seat belt connectors off too. I can't remember for sure bit it was simple. Fan under the seat, fan in the cab and tune is the only other options that I know of. I have the under seat fan but it's not worked in years and I'm too lazy to replace it. I've run incab fans in the past but never pulled them out last year to install them.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I have a p5 but I'm sure the theory is the same.
To me, the biggest thing the shield does is stop the steam from cooking your back side ever time you hit a puddle. Even if there was such a tune I'd still get the shield.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have looked at buying the Quick Shield to insulate the area above and below seat bottom , vs the a tune not sure which one would be the best .
Quick shield!
Tune helps ( I have one on my P1 and still use the shield) but not to the point your buddy says.cant speak for a tune on a P7, completely different motor.
Give it a bit, your buddy will come around😉 NoHmo

Also try installing the bilge fan mod. Search it up top.
Ive had one since the mod started/existed. Takes the steam away and greatly reduces heat but 50+%

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This one is one of the originals. Good $hit right here!
Of corse all prices are before Bideneconomics! FJB!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Quick shield!
Tune helps ( I have one on my P1 and still use the shield) but not to the point your buddy says.cant speak for a tune on a P7, completely different motor.
Give it a bit, your buddy will come around😉 NoHmo

Also try installing the bilge fan mod. Search it up top.
Ive had one since the mod started/existed. Takes the steam away and greatly reduces heat but 50+%
Yes the p7 is a different motor.I would think it would depend on what was done in the tuning process He claims and I beleive him to reduce cylinder and exhaust temps on even the Pioneer 1000 and talon. Anytime you richen the fuel mixture on any gas engine it should reduce the temps by some. Is it going to change your life? Probably not He is local to here. Just another option. If you can only do one do the trigger shield

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes the p7 is a different motor.I would think it would depend on what was done in the tuning process He claims and I beleive him to reduce cylinder and exhaust temps on even the Pioneer 1000 and talon. Anytime you richen the fuel mixture on any gas engine it should reduce the temps by some. Is it going to change your life? Probably not He is local to here. Just another option. If you can only do one do the trigger shield
I have a Snuff tune by the all great
MaHa @snuffnwhisky 🤣 hes a wiz at these Honda’s and one for the pioneers of over the top mods of the forum from way back. He did everything he could with the P1 to reduce heat with the tune and thats with a Talon ECU in it as well. Its better but still use my shield and bilge at times. With all do respect to the quick shield and it is very very good, I will say the fan makes all the difference in the P1 for other reasons as well. Down right making it cool under the seat with the combo of the 2

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn’t know they had a catalytic converter
Do a search up top there should be two threads read them all as they each have good info. you can also do a you tube search. After reading everything, it took me 2hrs start to finish One of the cheapest mods you can do for the gain you get. Also like they said do the under seat fan. Again do a search up top, Some do a bilge fan some use a rad fan. I did the rad fan because I think it is quieter than a bilge and it seams to move a lot of air

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know that a lot of engines are delivered running lean, so a richer/proper AFR would be good. But just dumping more fuel to lower exhaust temps would be like leaving your choke half on.

Reactions: osobad and GovtMule
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know that a lot of engines are delivered running lean, so a richer/proper AFR would be good. But just dumping more fuel to lower exhaust temps would be like leaving your choke half on.
Correct, but I dont personally know a reputable tuner for any kind of vehicle that would do that. If the motor was running rich you temps would go up to get it optimal. Like you stated most of the engines are delivered running lean. That is the case with motorcycles also . whatever reduced temps if any IMO are just a byproduct of trying to enhance performance of the engine. The reduced exhaust temp on mine was just an indication of how lean it came from the factory. The manufactures do this for compliance.

Last edited:
Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!