P1000 Dash indicator for H/L range not working.

H

hoggr9

Sep 10, 2014
Xenia, IL
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all, recently purchased a used 23 p1000-5 trail. Had right at 1k miles.
Now im at 1200 and i notice that i do not get any lights on the cluster to indicate if i am in H,L,R.
I am pretty sure there used to be little yellow lights to indicate...have searched the site and YT for direction. All i seem to find is for adjusting the rear diff which mine seems to work correctly.
Am i mistaken on ever seeing lights or can someone point me in the right direction?

Reactions: TxDoc and NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, recently purchased a used 23 p1000-5 trail. Had right at 1k miles.
Now im at 1200 and i notice that i do not get any lights on the cluster to indicate if i am in H,L,R.
I am pretty sure there used to be little yellow lights to indicate...have searched the site and YT for direction. All i seem to find is for adjusting the rear diff which mine seems to work correctly.
Am i mistaken on ever seeing lights or can someone point me in the right direction?
You should see P/R/H/L indicated on the dash display. Not really lights per se but you should see the letters. If you see a dash or line displayed after you move the shift lever to the desired position you shouldn’t hit the gas. It is likely not properly engaged and it will “shift bang” and put a hurting on things in a hurry.

Reactions: TxDoc
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
N,R Lights are all you get, along with PNHL indicator on my 18.
20240421 112822
20240421 112818

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!