P1000 Clutch temp indicator flashing.

tigit101

tigit101

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Yesterday riding my 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 my clutch temperature indicator started flashing. We were on a dirt road going 20 to 25 mph, and about 2 hours into the ride. I pulled over and put it in park and shut the engine off when the fan quit. I pulled out the manual and followed directions on page 237. I am going to take it to the dealer this week to get it checked out. I purchased it new in April and its got 850 miles on it. Is this a common problem?
I wasn't doing anything that the manual described might cause it.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My understanding is that the DCT does not have a temperature sensor. It uses the overall oil temperature at a set point to trigger the display of the DCT temperature warning light. You should still be under warranty so let the dealer handle it. The only things you can easily do would be verify proper oil level. Verify the radiator fan works. Confirm you are above 2000 RPM in whatever gear you are in at any speed and the clutch should not be slipping. Anything else you will be doing work on a machine that should be fixable for free at a dealership while under warranty.

Last edited:
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yesterday riding my 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 my clutch temperature indicator started flashing. We were on a dirt road going 20 to 25 mph, and about 2 hours into the ride. I pulled over and put it in park and shut the engine off when the fan quit. I pulled out the manual and followed directions on page 237. I am going to take it to the dealer this week to get it checked out. I purchased it new in April and its got 850 miles on it. Is this a common problem?
Radiator clean ?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan first off.
We like newbies to start a welcome thread cuz we like to know who u are and you need to provide pics of the rig not just your avitar! ;)
Or your get the dreaded ….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
The deputy's on road patrol on here like to write tkts for that!

So you failed to state how u were driving it, in auto, manual and if u were shifting manual at your speeds what gear where u in? The other question we have is, have u checked your DCT fluid? As $hitty as that sounds, alot of rigs coming new were low on or had no fluid at all from the factory and you cant count on steelerships these days to check it either! Sucks but its just a Fact!

Be sure to come back with your findings and what happens.

tigit101

tigit101

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Welcome from Michigan first off.
We like newbies to start a welcome thread cuz we like to know who u are and you need to provide pics of the rig not just your avitar! ;)
Or your get the dreaded ….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
The deputy's on road patrol on here like to write tkts for that!

So you failed to state how u were driving it, in auto, manual and if u were shifting manual at your speeds what gear where u in? The other question we have is, have u checked your DCT fluid? As $hitty as that sounds, alot of rigs coming new were low on or had no fluid at all from the factory and you cant count on steelerships these days to check it either! Sucks but its just a Fact!

Be sure to come back with your findings and what happens.
Driving in auto, high. In auto high going about 25 mph I am guessing it was in 5 or 6th gear. The fluid level was normal prior to the ride and i checked it when it happened when stopped to let it cool for about 10 min. When I started the ignition back up all was fine the rest of the way home (10 miles) no issues.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Driving in auto, high. In auto high going about 25 mph I am guessing it was in 5 or 6th gear. The fluid level was normal prior to the ride and i checked it when it happened when stopped to let it cool for about 10 min. When I started the ignition back up all was fine the rest of the way home (10 miles) no issues.
Assuming no codes on the dash just a lite?
Its still under warranty so might take it to the steeler and see what they find or just drive it and see if it happens again? Possibly just a glitch. Maybe changed the fluid with some good stuff with moly in it and see what happens

tigit101

tigit101

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Assuming no codes on the dash just a lite?
Its still under warranty so might take it to the steeler and see what they find or just drive it and see if it happens again? Possibly just a glitch. Maybe changed the fluid with some good stuff with moly in it and see what happens
What's your recommendation for the good stuff?

tigit101

tigit101

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Stopped at the dealership today. They said I can drop it off (they don't take appointments) and would be 4 weeks before they would get to it. Complained that wouldn't work and the manager stated warranty work would be quicker but would still be 2 weeks.

Last edited:
tigit101

tigit101

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
So about 3 hours into todays ride the light flashed again. I was in high gear, auto transmission, going about 20 on forest service road. pulled over, put it in park. The light quit flashing after about 5 seconds. Put it in drive and would not shift out of first. pulled back over and put it back in park, turned off the ignition. Let it set about five minutes and restarted. Drove the rest of the day about two more hours and no problems.

View recent photos 1

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: CID and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!