P1000 Hi beams not working 2022 Forest

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off, I realize there is another thread on this topic, but it got derailed on scratches and PDI etc.

So my hi beams aren't working. I have replaced the switch and swapped the relays (both the 4 prong black and the 5 prong blue) that reside under the air cleaner. I actually only swapped the 2 outside sets of relays. Anyway, still no hi beams. Both sides of the beams are out.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks Red

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have you put a meter on it to see if tour getting power from the switch or not and slowly work your way through the electrical system to the light?

Looks like you worked harder there not smarter😉

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Watch this video on a add a light install.
It shows the location of a 6 pin connector.
Take that apart, check and make sure all the pins are straight and making contact with each other.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First off, I realize there is another thread on this topic, but it got derailed on scratches and PDI etc.

So my hi beams aren't working. I have replaced the switch and swapped the relays (both the 4 prong black and the 5 prong blue) that reside under the air cleaner. I actually only swapped the 2 outside sets of relays. Anyway, still no hi beams. Both sides of the beams are out.

Thanks Red
Had this on my 21 model. Got to messing with the fuses and relays and it started working. This was brand new at the time. Must of been something not making a good connection. Worth a try.

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I checked the connector in the you tube video...all looked good. Thanks for the idea.

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you put a meter on it to see if tour getting power from the switch or not and slowly work your way through the electrical system to the light?

Looks like you worked harder there not smarter😉
No kidding. That's my motto.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks Red
I had bad bulbs in mine from the factory. they had an internal short and kept blowing fuses

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
No kidding. That's my motto.
there are schematics under resources for the pioneer, not sure if the forest model though is the same as a standard pioneer - even so, it should give ya the basic idea of what to follow in the circuit to check

you didn't do anything nuts like swap to some super bulb, etc..?

did they work at some point ? have you by chance tried wiring something in lately?

so low beams are fine, just no hi beams?

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
there are schematics under resources for the pioneer, not sure if the forest model though is the same as a standard pioneer - even so, it should give ya the basic idea of what to follow in the circuit to check

you didn't do anything nuts like swap to some super bulb, etc..?

did they work at some point ? have you by chance tried wiring something in lately?

so low beams are fine, just no hi beams?
Thanks, didn't know about the schematics in resources. I did not change bulbs. Yes they worked when I got it. I added a RLB to the rear (wasn't hooked up the the front lights, but I used RLB's harness to display tail lights on the bar). Low beams work fine. Haven't used the highs much because I have a 12" light bar on the front (wired on a different switch).

If I was to replace the OEM headlights with LED head lights, what's the best drop in replacement?

Thank to everybody for the help.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If I was to replace the OEM headlights with LED head lights, what's the best drop in replacement?
Ebay, thats where i got mine some yrs ago. The oem price at the steelership is a Rape!

Soooo have u used a meeter to trace power starting at the switch back to the high beams to see where your power is braking and BINGO! Theres your problem source?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ebay, thats where i got mine some yrs ago. The oem price at the steelership is a Rape!

Soooo have u used a meeter to trace power starting at the switch back to the high beams to see where your power is braking and BINGO! Theres your problem source?
I haven't traced it yet with the meter. I installed a spare tire carrier yesterday then played pickle ball all afternoon, this RV lifestyle is a busy one, LOL.

Are these the lights you are talking about? For Honda Pioneer 1000 2016-2020 2021 2022 2X 6000K H13 LED Headlights Bulbs Kit | eBay

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Let us know when ya got it fixed. Might help someone else in the future.

R

Red B

Feb 12, 2023
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update...

It was the bulbs. Since I have a 12" LED on the front, I rarely used the high beams. So there's no telling if they went out at the same time or not. But when I noticed them both out, the last thing I considered is the bulbs,

Thanks for all the help.

Red

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!