P1000 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe High beams not working

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just brought it home tonight. Has 0 miles on it. Lights work on low beams and turn off with the switch but when I switch to high beams both headlights turn off! I’ll check fuses and relays…has anyone else had this issue right outta the gate? Any other suggestions? Thanks guys

Reactions: NewHere2 and Lady01
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I never tried mine as I immediately installed LEDs. Hard to believe they replaced the standard LEDs with Halogens. Complete pain to replace them. Halogens usually have a bulb for the low and another for high beams. Mine only had one bulb. IDK?

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never tried mine as I immediately installed LEDs. Hard to believe they replaced the standard LEDs with Halogens. Complete pain to replace them. Halogens usually have a bulb for the low and another for high beams. Mine only had one bulb. IDK?
The bulbs are dual element. I’m going over my machine as it sits here with 0 miles with a fine tooth comb and finding a ton of stuff that is very disappointing so far! I was about to swap to LEDs and i was going to take a picture for comparison. Went to switch to high beams and both lights cut back off. I need to know what relay/s are for the headlights..,post below if you know! Thank you!

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I'm sorry, but don't have a clue and it's not here at the moment. I understand your frustration with regards to how you received your machine. Mine had paint chips and scratches on the rops, push pins on the panels that weren't installed very well and abrasions on the colored panels. I get the fact it's not going to always be perfect but I'd prefer to do the scratches and abrasions myself.

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sorry, but don't have a clue and it's not here at the moment. I understand your frustration with regards to how you received your machine. Mine had paint chips and scratches on the rops, push pins on the panels that weren't installed very well and abrasions on the colored panels. I get the fact it's not going to always be perfect but I'd prefer to do the scratches and abrasions myself.
Yeah the plastics are terribly scratched and scuffed already as well, also another complaint being brand new.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Relays are under the hood, under the air intake.
I don't know which one is which right now, but 3 of them are headlight relays.
1 is the main power (this one is working, it powers the 2 relays.)
1 is High beams, the other is low beams.

How to identify.
The low relay has a Pink, Yellow, Green, and 2 white wires.
The high relay has a Pink, Light Green, green, and Gray wire.
Relays should be right beside each other.

Check those and report back.

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Relays are under the hood, under the air intake.
I don't know which one is which right now, but 3 of them are headlight relays.
1 is the main power (this one is working, it powers the 2 relays.)
1 is High beams, the other is low beams.

How to identify.
The low relay has a Pink, Yellow, Green, and 2 white wires.
The high relay has a Pink, Light Green, green, and Gray wire.
Relays should be right beside each other.

Check those and report back.
Started messing with relays that you mentioned above. Now both highs and lows aren’t working.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just brought it home tonight.
:eek: And no pics! Shame shame shame! 🤣 #POIDH

Hope you get your issue fixed! Then post up pics.
If u just brought it home tonight, If aint too far or inconvenience Id take it right back to the dealer. They suck for not checking it and taking care of the scratches before they sent it home with you! I wouldn't have left the lot. Better check your fluids and everything else real good. I wouldnt trust them, There batting a 1,000 so far.

And Where is “Central” in your avitar location? What state?

advertisement

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If u just brought it home tonight, If aint too far or inconvenience Id take it right back to the dealer. They suck for not checking it and taking care of the scratches before they sent it home with you! I wouldn't have left the lot. Better check your fluids and everything else real good. I wouldnt trust them, There batting a 1,000 so far.

The scratches are an inconvenience to my OCD…but i anticipate it’s going to acquire some in the future so it’s the least of my worries. But as far as all the other things I’ve found I will be posting another thread as well as pictures of all the things I find…I’m just not done going through everything! I only had about 30 mins to look over things at the dealership due to the winter storm we are having…so I couldn’t dig into some of the stuff. Trust me the dealer will be getting a phone call about everything…I promise!

H

HondaTech

The problem with scratched plastic (im assuming swirl marks or scuffs from wiping the unit off or transport, not gouges) is even if we ordered a new part in and warranted them, there's no guarantee the new part coming in is going to look any better.

I cant get a rollcage in half the time that itsnt scratched, and no amount of talking to anyone seems to get them to change the shipping situations.

We went through 3 Talon rollcage halves before getting a usable one. They were shipped sitting in a box with just the ends wrapped. During transport the rollcage rubbed the cardboard box enough to wear the paint off.

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If both quit working, it sound like your in the right area. Plug in somewhere. If you don't find it, take it back. I'd make sure to talk to the sales person. May fix it on the trailer. Good luck.
Electrical is not my strongest trait! But I’ll figure it out I hope!

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine would blow the fuse on Low, but if I switched the headlights to high before turning on the key the high beams worked. I checked everything, in the end it turned out to be a bad socket on the headlight bulb right from the factory. I put in a set of amazon led bulbs and everything works. 10 times the light output If the bulbs don't fix it then follow Bighat's advice on connections

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine would blow the fuse on Low, but if I switched the headlights to high before turning on the key the high beams worked. I checked everything, in the end it turned out to be a bad socket on the headlight bulb right from the factory. I put in a set of amazon led bulbs and everything works. 10 times the light output If the bulbs don't fix it then follow Bighat's advice on connections
I’ve already got LEDs in. As soon as i started messing with relays i lost both highs and lows…now my low beam passenger light is not coming on. I’m guessing there is a connection issue. I’ve already found some places where they have pinched wires shoving them underneath stuff routing them. Frustrating!!! I need to get a service manual. This is frustrating.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve already got LEDs in. As soon as i started messing with relays i lost both highs and lows…now my low beam passenger light is not coming on. I’m guessing there is a connection issue. I’ve already found some places where they have pinched wires shoving them underneath stuff routing them. Frustrating!!! I need to get a service manual. This is frustrating.
I hear you! I was going yo start a thread call "What Is A PDI?" I can't believe all the loose and missing nuts and bolts, The headlights, Toe in was 3/4" both sides (you could smell burning rubber on the hardback) Turf mode doesn't work etc etc Don't get me wrong, I love my Pioneer, but could someone pay a little more attention to what you are doing??

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you become a member the service manual will be available to you on this site. I hope you get your issues all sorted. Suks to have problems like this on a brand new machine.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just brought it home tonight. Has 0 miles on it. Lights work on low beams and turn off with the switch but when I switch to high beams both headlights turn off! I’ll check fuses and relays…has anyone else had this issue right outta the gate? Any other suggestions? Thanks guys

Honda Pioneer Headlights TailLights

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!